Rebellion is NOT developing a new AvP as of 2017

Started by thekillergreece, Apr 05, 2020, 02:22:07 PM

Author
Rebellion is NOT developing a new AvP as of 2017 (Read 14,350 times)

thekillergreece

I meant to post it here but I'm late. I managed to send a message to Rebellion's facebook chat and I received a rather disappointing response.

But, that message was in 2017. Who knows if it's different now. Regardless, they seemingly avoided answering more questions from me since then. I just sent them a message today if they are planning to remaster/remake or whatever AvP 2010 to something new as 10-year anniversary, still waiting for response.

Corporal Hicks

It's not surprising, unfortunately. I don't expect to see one for a bit of time.

426Buddy

That sucks, I want a new AvP.

thekillergreece

RIP.

If we ever expect a new AvP, it will be highly unlikely for Rebellion to develop it.
I'm a bit confused now.
Who owns the rights for Alien games?
Who owns the rights for Predator games?

We all know SEGA owns AvP games but what about the two above?

Gr33n M4n

I'd imagine Fox Interactive owns the rights to Alien and Predator, both in games and movies.

thekillergreece

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Apr 06, 2020, 01:52:08 PM
I'd imagine Fox Interactive owns the rights to Alien and Predator, both in games and movies.
I'm a bit confused.

SEGA owns Aliens vs Predator rights.
Fox Interactive owns the rights to Alien and Predator games (separated, not versus thingy).

If so, why SEGA published Alien: Isolation? That is unless publisher - rights owner are different things?

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

I know Fox owns Alien and in 2006 Fox gave Sega the license to make a few Alien Games. I guess a similar thing happened with Isolation? So yea, I think owner and publisher are two different things.

Corporal Hicks

Rights owner licence the rights out to publishers who then get developers. Typically.

Sega certainly don't own the Aliens rights, as that seems to have gone back to Fox since they then had Cold Iron making them an Alien game under their FoxNext banner. I've no idea if AvP reverted back to Fox too.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Gr33n M4n on Apr 06, 2020, 01:52:08 PM

Disney came out late last year with plans to sell the Fox Video Game division. They surprisingly admitted they were no good at making games, so the intention was to license out everything. So who knows what the future holds.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed