ALIEN Isolation: NOSTROMO

Started by Corporal Hicks, Mar 04, 2018, 12:26:48 PM

Author
ALIEN Isolation: NOSTROMO (Read 5,582 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It's a really well put together "retelling" of Alien using Isolation.

Still Collating...

I've seen these, they're awesome. I adore all of the DLC, none of them are an essential part of the experience (like filling in the holes of a story, which is too often the case or something like bug hunt for A:CM) but they're a great addition. Great content and variation in the length of the experience. If I don't have the time or willingness to play the big story of the main game, I have bite sized chunks of different maps and game modes. I can play the not so long movie DLCs, or if I have only a few minutes, one of the survivor maps for some arcade like fun. If I want to play a bit longer, I go for a series of maps. If I want a challenge, I go for Safe Haven or Lost Contact.
The core is a game of cat and mouse but the whole concept has been so thoroughly thought through that I'm always surprised how many hours I've put in this sinlgeplayer game.

Back on subject, these REEL movies are awesome. I greatly enjoed the Dead Space ones as well.

SM

SM

I really need to play those Nostromo DLC properly.  My PC specs are too pissweak to play the game properly though.  I played through Isolation on a screen that was a quarter normal size because it was just too slow to respond when you're putting codes in to open doors and I kept getting pwned by the Alien.  I tried one of the Nostromo games and the Alien kept finding my in a locker.

Still Collating...

The difficulty is another thing I love about the game, I like a smart, ferocious alien. Though I'm a casual gamer, so It's not that impossible for me anymore. Still, the first few months when the game came out, I was getting owned constantly! It's not easy to get used to.

I like to play it with very low gamma, on Nightmare and with the Unpredictable Alien mod. The mod makes it more realistic for me at least, basically it allows the alien to roam more, but gets very aggressive when he gets close, and the less frequent encounters make me get a false sense of security and slip up more. It's AI is better than any jumpscare. Also it's very enjoyable to watch others play the game because of the unique encounters.

SM, have you played the Nostromo DLC Crew Expendable and have you gotten to the part where Dallas gets taken in the movie? That's one hell of a scene to translate into a video game, makes me tense every time.

SM

SM

I think I played the Last Survivor one.  Really need to get an Xbox version.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Still Collating... on Mar 06, 2018, 09:24:36 PM
The difficulty is another thing I love about the game, I like a smart, ferocious alien. Though I'm a casual gamer, so It's not that impossible for me anymore. Still, the first few months when the game came out, I was getting owned constantly! It's not easy to get used to.

I like to play it with very low gamma, on Nightmare and with the Unpredictable Alien mod. The mod makes it more realistic for me at least, basically it allows the alien to roam more, but gets very aggressive when he gets close, and the less frequent encounters make me get a false sense of security and slip up more. It's AI is better than any jumpscare. Also it's very enjoyable to watch others play the game because of the unique encounters.

The difficulty was something I really loved to. I don't play as much as I used to but I still enjoy gaming quite regularly but I've never really enjoyed stealthy or slow games but with Isolation I was just able to get so immersed into it and just absolutely f**king loved the challenge and the terror.

QuoteSM, have you played the Nostromo DLC Crew Expendable and have you gotten to the part where Dallas gets taken in the movie? That's one hell of a scene to translate into a video game, makes me tense every time.

That whole sequence was just absolutely heart-pounding! It must be cheap enough on Xbox now. Just try and give yourself 2 days to play it through and get immersed properly.

Apollo

Apollo

That!!!.... was absolutely superb. The shear passion and effort that has gone into that is amazing.
Just goes to show that the people who loved this game really do love it. The greatest horror game ever released in my opinion.

SM

SM

The Xbox version is cheap enough - can't find a bloody copy at EB Games though.  >:(

predator2rules

predator2rules

I'm not much of a gamer but even on easy this game is really hard. I'm on mission 5 where u have to get that Key card for some doctor and shit the alien just won't go away. What erks me is what's the point of having emergency over ride doors when they open for the alien any way. I thought I was safe next minute door opens and in comes the alien.

Apollo

Apollo

Quote from: burkewhimp on Mar 31, 2018, 03:24:30 AM
I'm not much of a gamer but even on easy this game is really hard. I'm on mission 5 where u have to get that Key card for some doctor and shit the alien just won't go away. What erks me is what's the point of having emergency over ride doors when they open for the alien any way. I thought I was safe next minute door opens and in comes the alien.

Mission 5 is probably one of the most difficult levels on the game. Also , its the first mission that gives you a real taste as to what the Alien can do.

My advice is be patient , take your time but don't hang around in one place too long which can be an easy thing to get into doing.When the Xeno is doing his thing - thats the time to go and do your thing.
Enjoy.

predator2rules

predator2rules

thanks Apollo. I did work out it's probably best not to just hide in the lockers. God this game is brilliant. atmosphere is intense. I could live on that space station, if it wasn't for the alien

Apollo

Apollo

Quote from: burkewhimp on Mar 31, 2018, 10:48:06 PM
thanks Apollo. I did work out it's probably best not to just hide in the lockers. God this game is brilliant. atmosphere is intense. I could live on that space station, if it wasn't for the alien

You're welcome. Hope you enjoy the rest of the game.

The Old One

The Old One

Fantastic recreation. TY CA for such a pure fanservice DLC.

Still Collating...

Yep, it's a unique experience to be able to play something so close to the movie recreation.

The Old One

The Old One

I've definitely played it more than the full game, because of it's length.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed