AvP Behind-The-Scenes Clip

Started by Darkness, Aug 12, 2004, 12:29:45 AM

Author
AvP Behind-The-Scenes Clip (Read 15,535 times)

Darkness

Darkness

A 10-minute behind-the-scenes clip has been posted on SouthFlorida.com. The accompanying article is also an interesting read and reveals two new things:

“Although the studio downplays the issue, Fox initially didn’t want to spend much more than $40 million on the movie, which Anderson and Davis thought would be ruinously cheap… The production budget climbed toward $70 million.... Fox decided not to show its nearly $70 million investment to critics before its release… To help tell the story, Anderson shelled out thousands of dollars of his own money on five giant “AVP” conceptual illustrations by designer Patrick Tatopoulos.”

Download: Behind-The-Scenes Footage (21.9MB)
More pictures on the next page. Thanks to Ermac and Gazz for the news.

20040812_01

20040812_02

20040812_03

20040812_04

20040812_05

20040812_06

20040812_07

20040812_08

20040812_09

20040812_10

Grifth

Grifth

QuoteFox decided not to show its nearly $70 million investment to critics before its release
final editing my ass

Neocharge

Neocharge

Sure as hell glad they raised the budget to 70 million.

Arabian Night

Arabian Night

"Anderson shelled out thousands of dollars of his own money on five giant "AVP" conceptual illustrations by designer Patrick Tatopoulos."   wow he really does care..

J

J

He cares a great deal, I JUST FEEL FOR THE GUY, STRESSING OVER THIS MOVIE AND GETTING IT TO WHAT AND HOW HE WANTS IT! man deserves a medal.

pn2501

pn2501

Im starting to give PA lots more credit, he has definitely worked hard to get avp to the screen, and without him we probably wouldnt have this movie.

DeaconRage

DeaconRage

yea i give PA props. hes deff a dedicated fellow

Heavy Metal Spike

Heavy Metal Spike

I hate to say "I told you so" about Fox not wanting critics to get their grubby little teeth into it - but - I TOLD YOU SO!!!!!!!!!!  MuhaaahaaahaaaMuhaMuhaaaahaaahaaaaaaaaa   (yeah - alright - lucky guess eh?)     ;D  

pn2501

pn2501

seriously the general public usualy dont give a rats arse about what critics have to say, pa realy only has to cater to fan expectations cause im sure most of "US" here will see it more than once and make sure all of our friends see it........providing we like it!

Heavy Metal Spike

Heavy Metal Spike

pn - don't want to diss you dude - but you are SERIOUSLY wrong  1) 'us' fans will not bring in a profit even if we (and our friends, and their parents and their dog, and their favourite toy) go and see it 3 times each.  2) Why do you think Commercials AND the backs of DVD/video cases quote liberally from reviews?  3) Why else would Fox do this?  SERIOUSLY - you're DEAD wrong dude.    ;)    Seeeyalater ........ (still can't get over that 'hedgehog' line heehehehehehehehe!)

PREDATOR

PREDATOR

Fox is not too crazy and excited about this movie.  1) Fox would of not had a $40 million budget for this movie if they liked it. 2) Fox shows very little advertistment on channels and I've not seen one trailer in theaters. 3) Fox would of got a better Director and Writter for the film than Paul Anderson. He only made one good movie and that was Mortal Kombat, and in the early and mid 90's Mortal Kombat was very popular, and now I'm kind of tired of the movie.(Mortal Kombat) 4) I think Fox wants to make a quick buck so they put Paul Anderson behind the camera.  This sucks that i cant see the clip because it spoils the movie. I will see the movie tho I'm a huge fan of Predator so bring on the corpes with not head and spine.

SaNdMaNxX

SaNdMaNxX

man this f**king lame i cant see teh damn thing     >:D  

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

Where is the line that says Fox decided not to screen it for critics due to the budget and all that stuff?

Ah, there it is, right at the begining.  I wonder if that's a fact or an assumption, though?  I wouldn't be suprised either way, or if it was a little of both.

Er, by both I mean both reasons we've heard for the canceled premier.

AngryHobo

AngryHobo

Exactly, the majority of the people on this website change their opinion on the movie based on what multimedia or featurette they see that day. If reviewers started to bad-mouth AvP, the majority of this site would start bitching and complaining like it were the end of the freakin world. So by not allowing critics to review the film prior to its release, Fox is insuring the fact that "fans" will see the film and make up their own, easily manipulated, minds.  IF AICN or the majority of movie critics saw and started bashing the movie, which is most likely innevitable from AICN becuase it involves PA and Harry has no real ability to put aside "buzz" and what not, than opening release would drop and the chances for a sequel would be diminshed. Word of mouth from friends travels a lot slower, even in forums and what not, than well known and popular magazines and television shows.  It's not that Fox has no faith in the movie, just the fans and thier on again off again attitude...

Galmorzu

Galmorzu

You're pretty much right.  Each thread of news so far has been filled with the type of comments depending on what kind of news it is.  People swore the movie would bring about the end of the world when they heard the PG-13, but thought it was heaven on earth when the Face-Off clip was shown.  Now mind you, I loved that clip too, and I'm not referring to everyone, but I keep the frame of mind that I'm just going to enjoy a good "fun movie", and if it's more than that, great!  If it actually does turn out to be a stinker, I'll be here posting what I didn't agree with but I'll leave it at that.  At the bare minimum we can see aliens and preds on screen again, and as long as a person is able to enjoy a movie for what it is, this shouldn't be all that bad.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed