Silent Hill

Started by Mystic Lemons, Dec 10, 2006, 02:28:04 PM

Author
Silent Hill (Read 57,110 times)

fluxcap

fluxcap

I played a demo of Silent Hill 4 and the concept of 'the room' was great, but I can't quite put my finger on what about the game I didn't like compared to the last three.

Also there is a Silent Hill arcade shooter out there.

Munkeywrench

Munkeywrench

I like the Silent Hill games, 1 through 3 are my favorite SH4 I didnt like much. I like the creepyness of the town and how it changed to the alternate world and all the fog.

gameoverman

gameoverman

I played Silent Hill 2 again and got the Maria ending.  I liked the In Water ending the best though.

Munkeywrench

Munkeywrench

Quote from: gameoverman on Sep 08, 2007, 04:52:45 PM
Just finished SH2 - I've never played any game like it.  Yeah it really gets inside your head and for the first time I care about a video game character.  :P

I would say the game is totally flawless...  and those things crawling on the ground gave me chills up my spine did anyone else get that?   :D

Yeah but also some of the ambient sounds freaked me out, I usually played it at night with all the lights off and the surround turned up so I heard all sorts of creepy shit. But you know the time I actually almost had a heart attack was in the Apt. building when you go into that room to get I think the flashlight? and the maniquin comes to life suddenly, I was like "F___ Me!!!" lol.

Newsfop

Newsfop

I'm a mad fan of watching my friend play the games. I can't stand to play them myself. I tried playing The Room once, and I got as far as the up escalator in the subway, when I called it quits. I didn't need nightmares of creatures coming out the walls and slapping me silly.

I even made a cute/lame little video to show my appreciation of the games and the film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HgHa7QdUe3U

My favorite of the bunch thus far that I've seen is Silent Hill 2. The story is so invasive and compelling. I love it to crazy ends.

gameoverman

gameoverman

Check this out - image of a new monster has been released:

Vemados

Vemados

another pussyface...

Cromartie

Cromartie

These games are just so darn good, words can't describe the experience in my opinion.

PredBabe

PredBabe

^ Yes this is an amazing game series. I would have to say that the 4th one is my favorite of the series. I just love the idea, the story , the style... everything! SH: The Room really does effect me more emotionally out of all the games.

Newsfop

Newsfop

Quote from: PredBabe on Apr 08, 2008, 07:45:11 PM
^ Yes this is an amazing game series. I would have to say that the 4th one is my favorite of the series. I just love the idea, the story , the style... everything! SH: The Room really does effect me more emotionally out of all the games.

The intriguing thing about the fourth game is it's parallel to reality in terms of what's happing with Centralia with regards to the neighboring city of Ashville. In real life, the slow-burning mine fires are threatening the town of Ashville much in the similar way that Silent Hill is branching out is odd/perverse/tragic malevolence toward the neighboring city of Ashfield. I don't know if this was planned or simply a coincidence, but it makes the fear all the more real.

I personally can't play the games because my nerves get shot. I can only seem to watch a friend play them. He's virtually unphased by them. Let's see how he does when Silent Hill 5 comes out though. I want to know if he can take that town on the PS3.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I perform my mystic arts of thread necromancy!

So, here's how I currently rank the series:

SH2/SH3
SH1
SHSM
SHD
SH4
SHH
SHO

Book of memories looks like a fun time waster. Besides, it's got Howard from Downpour. :)

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

What freaked me out in Silent Hill 3 was the theme park, it always has and always will. Even now.  :o

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

I loved finding Harry's notes from SH1 in the theme park. That was pretty cool. Didn't know the guy thought that deeply about anything, lol.

Amaterasu

Amaterasu

Harry Mason was a badass, Silent Hill 1 will always be my fav. :3

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

"It seems to be a dog house, but I don't see any dog."

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed