The Batman (2021)

Started by MudButt, Jan 31, 2019, 12:41:53 AM

Author
The Batman (2021) (Read 53,847 times)

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

They're not abandoning it.  I have a feeling they're just going to lean more heavily on WW and Aquaman for now and then circle back to Superman when the DCEU is ready for him again.  I really hope he makes a cameo in Shazam.

Huntsman

Huntsman

I think Cavill is done. Same as Affleck. They're focusing on Wonder Woman, Aquaman and these characters. By the time they return to Superman he'll be too old, and a recast will be done. Cavill is the incumbent but they're killing him with time.

Local Trouble

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

If they cast Hammer as Batman then Cavill needs to come back at least once. Would be a fun Man from UNCLE reunion.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Frankly, I think Cavill's Superman is improving as he ages.  As long as he can maintain the physicality, that is.

MudButt

MudButt

They're kind of in a sticky situation with Superman because unlike Batman they can't do a younger version since Superman didn't appear until Man of Steel. So they'd either have to recast and let everyone accept it or they need to get a Superman movie going soon. Cavill is a hot property after Mission Impossible: Fallout and now he's filming the Witcher for Netflix so he's not going to get any less busy.

It's just crazy how we're getting a Batman movie from the director of Dawn of the Planet of the Apes and War for the Planet of the Apes. That guy is so damn talented.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

There's always Matt Bomer.

Huntsman

Huntsman

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 31, 2019, 11:00:23 PM
https://people.com/movies/jason-momoa-henry-cavill-not-done-superman/
I'm aware of that. Doesn't change my view. Cavill wants to go on and he loves the character. But the studio won't give an opportunity to actually play him again. I'd like to be proven wrong, but I sadly don't think I will be.

Huntsman

Huntsman

Robert Pattison seems like a bad idea but it intrigues me.

Playboy businessman I can see him doing. Let it sit with you for a while.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 31, 2019, 09:39:29 PM
They're not abandoning it.  I have a feeling they're just going to lean more heavily on WW and Aquaman for now and then circle back to Superman when the DCEU is ready for him again.  I really hope he makes a cameo in Shazam.

Spoiler
There is a Superman cameo in Shazam, but it's not Cavill; in the test screenings, they used a body double.

The same with Black Adam who's also teased.

So maybe this Big Red S shot was put in for the test screenings only and they'll drag Cavill in for a cameo a la the last scene of Avengers which was shot something like a week before the movie hit the cinema.

We know that there is / were contract wranglings between WB and Cavill - hence, his non-appearance perhaps, but recent leaks and rumours seem to be indicating that the the dispute is coming to an end (Cavill's penchant for Superman themed instas, Ray Fisher's recent diplomatic comments and WB's frantic "Cavill doesn't want script and director approval" comments... months after the original tweet that came out stating that he did want all that stuff).

Hopefully, the contract wranglings are all done - that'd be great cos Cavill is great as Superman. 
[close]

ace3g

Shasvre

Shasvre

Robert Pattinson Frontrunner to Play Batman in Matt Reeves' DC Movie

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/robert-pattinson-frontrunner-play-batman-1211604

Rob Pattinson, Nicholas Hoult Atop Short List For 'The Batman'

https://deadline.com/2019/05/rob-pattinson-nicholas-hoult-batman-short-list-matt-reeves-1202616908/

Stitch

Stitch

Yeah, not convinced about Pattinson as Batman. I don't rate him as an actor.

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

Pattinson's been pretty fantastic in just about everything I've seen in him. Doesn't have the "look" typically associated with Batman, but maybe that's for the best. I hope he does get the role. I like seeing DC trying different things as they get themselves back on track.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed