Free Elder Predators For Everyone! Predator: Hunting Grounds Gets New Update & Samurai Predator Announced!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 12, 2020, 02:12:58 PM

Author
Free Elder Predators For Everyone! Predator: Hunting Grounds Gets New Update & Samurai Predator Announced! (Read 11,084 times)

Kailem

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 12, 2020, 08:19:26 PM
Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Jun 12, 2020, 07:21:40 PM
Quote from: shadowedge on Jun 12, 2020, 06:18:43 PM
Interesting. I wonder if the Elder will not wear a mask and be able to use the plasma caster with the laser sight on the plasma caster?
Elder uses a mask, it's a undamaged but rusty version of the 87 mask

Damn! Someone level 150 already?

Nah it looks like he was 102 based on the screenshot. But you can still see him in the game now before you can unlock him.

molasar

The Shuriken

I'm saddened the Samurai Predator isn't based off the Prime 1 Sengoku Predator.

Kailem

For some reason in my mind I was thinking it was, even though they clearly look different! :laugh:

If anything it looks like it's based on the Hot Toys figure rather than the Prime 1:

Weird that it's got the "AVP" logo on it though since there doesn't seem to be anything Alien-related about it. Maybe they just already had that license.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Kailem on Jun 14, 2020, 04:24:40 PM
For some reason in my mind I was thinking it was, even though they clearly look different! :laugh:

If anything it looks like it's based on the Hot Toys figure rather than the Prime 1:

https://www.sideshow.com/storage/product-images/901696/alien-vs-predator-samurai-predator_alien-vs-predator_gallery_5c4c0b0e951b5.jpg

Weird that it's got the "AVP" logo on it though since there doesn't seem to be anything Alien-related about it. Maybe they just already had that license.
The stand is a Xenomorph lol

molasar

SuperiorIronman

Did we have alternate roars before? I know we have some variation on the classic but I don't think I've heard that one specifically since AVP 2010 or maybe Mortal Kombat.

Paging Voodoo Magic; Is this roar in Predator 2? I feel like I should know where that roar comes from.

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jun 15, 2020, 01:02:18 AM
Did we have alternate roars before? I know we have some variation on the classic but I don't think I've heard that one specifically since AVP 2010 or maybe Mortal Kombat.

Paging Voodoo Magic; Is this roar in Predator 2? I feel like I should know where that roar comes from.
Elder has custom sounds by the looks of it

Kailem

That's really cool, definitely makes him seem a bit more unique.

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Jun 14, 2020, 09:48:32 PM
Quote from: Kailem on Jun 14, 2020, 04:24:40 PM

https://www.sideshow.com/storage/product-images/901696/alien-vs-predator-samurai-predator_alien-vs-predator_gallery_5c4c0b0e951b5.jpg

The stand is a Xenomorph lol

*Adjusts glasses*

Yeah, that'll do it! :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

The little crown looks more like Sengoku rather than Hot Toys. TBH I didn't even know Hot Toys had ever made one!

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jun 13, 2020, 02:53:01 AM
Interesting to me they opted for yet another mask. The guy actually has three at this point with 1718 having the stylized take on the JH helmet and the version from the cover. And now it's just a rusty (albeit intact) JH.

Well to be fair that 1718 cover wasn't really originally its cover, right?  That cover art was co-opted from something else if I'm remembering correctly.

But I'm personally okay with using the JH mask with different shaders on the Elder, since, as you mentioned, his mask in 1718 feels like a stylized version of the Jungle Hunter's.

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Jun 15, 2020, 01:15:31 AM

Yeah, that is definitely not a straight City Hunter pull. That roar sounds customized.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jun 15, 2020, 03:00:17 PM
Well to be fair that 1718 cover wasn't really originally its cover, right?  That cover art was co-opted from something else if I'm remembering correctly.

Aye. It was a cover for Kindred, I think. Same artist, so I think they just did both.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 15, 2020, 03:01:22 PM

Aye. It was a cover for Kindred, I think. Same artist, so I think they just did both.

Ah, yes, that was it. Kindred. Thank you kind sir!

Kradan

I really like Kindred. It tells pretty unique story

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 15, 2020, 03:01:22 PM

Now I feel stupid for not figuring that out myself  :P

SuperiorIronman

Quote from: SuperiorIronman on Jun 13, 2020, 02:53:01 AM
Interesting to me they opted for yet another mask. The guy actually has three at this point with 1718 having the stylized take on the JH helmet and the version from the cover. And now it's just a rusty (albeit intact) JH.

But I'm personally okay with using the JH mask with different shaders on the Elder, since, as you mentioned, his mask in 1718 feels like a stylized version of the Jungle Hunter's.

Quote from: PAS Spinelli on Jun 15, 2020, 01:15:31 AM

Yeah, that is definitely not a straight City Hunter pull. That roar sounds customized.

Yeah the reason I mentioned the cover was that it was used for Golden Angel's Neca figure and if they're supposed to have canonical backstories then the designs should hold at least some merit. It's not the worst thing and had he had one in Predator 2 it probably would've looked something like that. That being said he's already been given two so while it's not out of the question he had or has others I'd have appreciated them going a bit further with that.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed