Alien: Isolation

Started by newbeing, Oct 21, 2013, 12:11:03 PM

Author
Alien: Isolation (Read 68,847 times)

Jango1201

Jango1201

As long as I don't hear the word canon over and over again, I'm open to an ALIEN style game with a little fan fiction in the mix.

underbound

underbound

List of things this is going to be:
-fuked
-shit
-fuked shit and
-fuking shit
Why cant we just get something new? If we are going to shoot things let us shoot ALIENS!!!!!!!!! Oh my goodness,does that even apply anymore? We might as well make a game called XenomorpH cuz alien/aliens is just another human shooter and it cant be fixed. If its horror,thats great, but INVOLVE THE FUKING ALIENS ,I MEAN DAMN!!!!!!!
Ok im done.

SM

SM

FUK!!

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: newbeing on Oct 21, 2013, 07:17:27 PM
More details... I don't like where this is going.
http://kotaku.com/source-the-next-aliens-game-stars-ellen-ripleys-daugh-1449318113

This kind of writing trope pisses me the f**k off.  We get that advertising wise you want to have away for the series to tie back into itself.  BUT FOR f**kS SAKE THAT IS WHY YOU PUT ALIENS IN IT.  There should be no need to tie it back any further than that.  I don't need to go back to Acheron.  I don't need to go back to Fury.  I don't need to go back to the PODS in the AvP2 Expansion pack.  There is nothing worse than you retread old ideas in the exact same way as you did it the first time.

What is worse is that Ellen Ripley's daughter is going to be some sort of super badass inheriting the Super Ripley destroyer gene and go to battle with WY and the Alien like it is some sore of preconceived conclusion of cosmic destiny like this has to happen, and then she's and everyone else is going to forget all about it and die alone around the start of Aliens.

Whatever producer and writing hack teams comes up with this ignant rehash bullshit, beat your face with a hot curling iron you f**k.

At Ripley's time there should be tens of billions of people across the Milky Way, and we are stuck playing her daughter whom we already know doesn't have a role in the series.

f**k.

xeno-kaname

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I agree with underbounds use of profanity in this situation.

*brofist*

Tired of the rehash bullshit.  I don't care much that there is one alien, but it would be nice to finally have a game that doesn't try to tie itself back into some other Alien related media in a major way.  f**k all this Weyland nonsense, this retconning of Aliens etc.

We haven't had a true standalone since 2001's  AvP2.  A game that I feel is much superior to anything we've gotten lately.  2010 would've been strengthened if they didn't try to tie Weyland back into it.

Leave Lance Henrickson alone.  He needs to get his Admiral Hackett on in Mass Effect.  I better not here Alien Isolation and Lance Henrickson in the same sentence.

windebieste

windebieste

yeah.  I still think ALIEN 3 has a lot to offer here.  If they want to rope in more CoD nonsense into the ALIENS games, why not investigate Morse own continuing story? 

Wanna shoot WY clones, troops, synths..? etc.  Well, he's got a justifiable grudge right there.

Wanna shoot bugs from space..?  Yep.  Them too.  He's got some  scores to settlie with xenos as well.  He's a perfect candidate for such a game.

Amanda Ripley...  WTF???   Aside from being Ellen Ripleys daughter, where the Hell does she fit into all of this?

This new title sounds sooooo retarded already.  I say give it to GBX.  lol.

-Windebieste.

Hudson

Hudson

QuoteFighting clones and soldiers.. because THAT'S what i want to go into combat with in an alien game.. I already feel skeptical about it.

EXACTLY what I'm thinking. That is not a good setup. Might as well be Alien Trilogy and ACM all over again...

Because shooting people is what sets Alien games apart from other shooters. *facepalm*

The idea of one Alien sounds cool, but is ripe for a shit ton of scripted events and sounds like something that would just be a menace up until the end of the game when it'd be a boss or something. I'm not giving anyone the benefit of the doubt on this at all.

Rogue Alien

Rogue Alien

It could be good if approached carefully. Ripley never made it home for Amanda's birthday, that would inspire her to emulate and search for her mother. We also know she herself never had children, after an encounter with a xeno she would go back to earth traumatized and probably outcast for sounding insane. Dropping combat and using Amnesia/Outlast gameplay it would be extremely scary! Then throw in giger-esk art elements and get like a silent hill visual shock value.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

I'd only like it if it was some kind of dynamic AI that you could shut off away from you, like trap it in between IRIS vents like in Alien, but that it could work its way around to you in other ways.  That way you'd need to manage resources that might not be weapons (welding torch, flares, hacking kit, ash style motion tracker).

Kind of like the very old Alien game I didn't play but read that you could use all members of the crew to kill the Alien a variety of ways.

If its just a bunch of scripted bullshit, I'm not for it either. 

Maybe have the Alien draw you out by abducting crew members you could or could not go back for, have it start disabling the ship (I always found the lights being shut off in the first movie conspiracy like as well as the cat giving false readings) and you have to respond etc.

Maybe actually start out with the capacity to kill the Alien already, but if you shoot it actually eats through the hulls and shoots you into space.

I think it could be done, but it would have to be in a dynamic way where you one playthrough was the only enjoyment you got out of the game.

MP would be cool, have a ragtag crew of spacetruckers with limited gear confront the Alien.

It would be nice to have some capable NPCs you could send out to fix chores, that maybe you could monitor, only to have the Alien dynamically stalk them, and you have to try and keep them alive with your shitty ash style motion tracker.

There are ways to make it work I think, it would just evolve some intelligent AI.

Of course it should be able to kill corporate mercs as well.

saintssinphony

saintssinphony

So in this game they give me enough weaponry to shoot through "clones and soldiers" but I'll bet you magically can't kill the one alien onboard.  Just like that stupid raven and queen alien in A:CM. 

I really wish they would let this reboot of the comics come and then maybe make a game based on those new stories.  This raping of the old movies just has to stop.  We, as a community, haven't even been given a straight answer on why A:CM turned out so shitball so why are they already moving ahead with another game?

So many times I have gotten excited over a new aliens project and then been forced to shamefully sit through some abomination so this time I'm not getting my hopes up.

SM

SM

QuoteWe also know she herself never had children, after an encounter with a xeno she would go back to earth traumatized and probably outcast for sounding insane.

I'm sure I saw that in a movie once... Started with an A I think...?

underbound

underbound

SM I dont know what you are talking about,this is a COMPLETELY new idea never been done before!!!

SM

SM

Coulda sworn I heard it before...

JokersWarPig

JokersWarPig

I...I don't get it... ::)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed