Shane Black Reveals What He Changed in the Reshoots

Started by Johnny Handsome, Jul 31, 2018, 04:50:31 PM

Author
Shane Black Reveals What He Changed in the Reshoots (Read 27,278 times)

BigDaddyJohn

Quote from: The Old One on Aug 01, 2018, 06:51:00 PM
Quote from: yautjapet on Aug 01, 2018, 05:59:24 PM
If you dislike Zimmer, I'm curious what composers you do enjoy?
Aside from Johannsson, obviously, since you mentioned him!

Jed Kurzel, Mica Levi, Elliott Goldenthal, Mark Griskey, Jack Wall, Sam Hullick, Clint Mansell, Michael McCann, Michael Kamen, John Ottoman, Marco Beltrami & Howard Shore.

McCann and Hullick huh ? Mass effect and Deus Ex fan maybe ?

Wysps

Quote from: Samhain13 on Aug 01, 2018, 06:48:35 PM
"So without getting into that, I think it's important to understand that maybe there are factions, and that we can choose one faction, let's say there's a particularly irritable group of Predators on Predator world and let's say that having bested their champions, not once but twice in the past, that they're not really happy with Earth, and so in that event it would make sense for them to strike back. And it might not be all Predators, but it is in particular a group of very angry Predators who aren't above maybe even cheating a little bit."

Not happy with Earth due to the deaths of 2 of them... really sounds like the upgrade got a big insecure predator ego, in the Predator 2 novel Pussyface was excited due to Anytime's death and that was what motivated him to come to Earth in the first place.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 01, 2018, 01:28:47 PM
They all cheat anyway. Invisibility, weaponry far in advanced of anything their prey has, specific vision modes to more easily identify prey...It's not inconceivable to me that others would take it even further.

For me it's the opposite now that you mention that, they are already so overpowered next to most prey due to all their assets so roiding just seem like it will end up taking all the fun of the challenge.  I could see the Hish from the novels doing this, as they were space slavers, but hunters who enjoy challeging themselves... doesn't fit in for me.

Nor with me.  First they started out as hunting for sport, but now with the overpowered tech and genetic upgrading, it certainly makes me question their angle in all this hunting business.  Is it not for sport anymore?  It makes them seem like big bullies in the schoolyard getting mad when some shrimp makes a snide remark.  Sort of a disproportionate response to what has happened in the previous movies.   

yautjapet

I wonder how much oversight Black had on the prequel novel Hunters and Hunted, because the pred in that is very enthusiastic about the danger of a hunt against challenging prey, and accepts that death is a possibility and that's just the nature of it. Which is much more in line with what I'd expect, not this "revenge" concept. Must not be from the same faction as Upgrade! I hope Upgrade and his ilk are the minority among predators.

Samhain13

Quote from: Wysps on Aug 01, 2018, 08:56:29 PM
Nor with me.  First they started out as hunting for sport, but now with the overpowered tech and genetic upgrading, it certainly makes me question their angle in all this hunting business.  Is it not for sport anymore?  It makes them seem like big bullies in the schoolyard getting mad when some shrimp makes a snide remark.  Sort of a disproportionate response to what has happened in the previous movies.   

Yep and if the ones that are into upgrading don't want more predators dying to humans, maybe their main focus should be on improving how cocky they are  :P.

If they are that good at dna and genes maybe they can remove whatever makes them so arrogant. That's what made the previous 2 lose, the issue wasn't their physical capacity, they are focusing on the wrong area.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: BigDaddyJohn on Aug 01, 2018, 08:46:27 PM

Jed Kurzel, Mica Levi, Elliott Goldenthal, Mark Griskey, Jack Wall, Sam Hullick, Clint Mansell, Michael McCann, Michael Kamen, John Ottoman, Marco Beltrami & Howard Shore.

I like Michael McCann best under his work as his alias as Behaviour actually. Double Agent has a great soundtrack. Though Deus Ex-HR is nothing to scoff at.

The original Mass Effect soundtrack still has the best of the three.

BigDaddyJohn

Hmm quite liked Human Revolution, but i totally agree on ME 1.

azamultic

Quote from: The Old One on Aug 01, 2018, 10:14:19 PM

I like Michael McCann best under his work as his alias as Behaviour actually. Double Agent has a great soundtrack. Though Deus Ex-HR is nothing to scoff at.

Jack Walls work for "Jade Empire" is Amazing!

D88M

That first paragraph is the first information about this movie since the whole time there have been news about this movie that is actually interesting and sounds good. We might even be getting a decent movie after all.

OpenMaw

Quote from: The Old One on Aug 01, 2018, 10:14:19 PM
& Howard Shore.

Yes indeed! I love ME's score...

ace3g

I just thinking a few days ago about the AM/PM comment by Black.  I wonder if they ever considered using color grading software in post production for the day scenes especially involving the APCs?  Plenty of TV/Movies use this technique.  I believe in season 2 of The Walking Dead in an episode where Shane goes with another guy to gather supplies at a school was all shot during the day but in the show it was presented as a night time scene using color grading.

OpenMaw

Yes, day for night. Color grading like that often looks obvious and terrible.

The Old One

The Old One

Obvious and terrible wouldn't be new for TWD.

Huggs

Quote from: The Old One on Aug 04, 2018, 06:54:19 PM
Obvious and terrible wouldn't be new for TWD.

TWD is a bad example. Anybody remember the cgi deer at the carnival area where Michonne thought Rick had been killed?

The Old One

The Old One

I'm surprised at how terrible it looks considering the series popularity I thought it would have a higher budget, or at least more professional work.
Perhaps they ran out of time.

Contrast that with this, a show cancelled due to its lack of popularity;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqZUbNcMekU&index=1&list=LLbkcXx-RwMKNuLWdWnGOE_A

Danversity

Quote from: ace3g on Aug 04, 2018, 05:52:04 PM
I just thinking a few days ago about the AM/PM comment by Black.  I wonder if they ever considered using color grading software in post production for the day scenes especially involving the APCs?  Plenty of TV/Movies use this technique.  I believe in season 2 of The Walking Dead in an episode where Shane goes with another guy to gather supplies at a school was all shot during the day but in the show it was presented as a night time scene using color grading.

When done properly, Day for Night works very well, but it still looks different from actual nocturnal lighting... I guess they didn't do that because the film already has so many scenes shot at night that applying Day for Night only on the third act would just make it look obvious side-by-side with the rest of the film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed