Shane Black Reveals What He Changed in the Reshoots

Started by Johnny Handsome, Jul 31, 2018, 04:50:31 PM

Author
Shane Black Reveals What He Changed in the Reshoots (Read 27,260 times)

The Old One

The Old One

I thought he did fine, enthusiastic and asked questions with tact. There's far worse out there.

BishopShouldGo

Quote from: Wysps on Aug 01, 2018, 01:27:54 AM
Quote from: Huggs on Jul 31, 2018, 10:36:35 PM
City Hunter was a "champion"?

That's what I was thinking  :-\

Well, he did kill a ton of people. :D

The Old One

The Old One

Hopefully it doesn't directly refer to CH as a champion.

OpenMaw

Yeah, he wasn't a champion. He was a new guy out to prove himself to become one of the group.

Or, just going strictly by the film without the Thomas Brothers say, he was just another Predator on another hunt. Nothing special.

Johnny Handsome

I can imagine City Hunter being a champion. He killed a shitload of armed to the teeth guys in close combat, eliminated Keys team with ease. He was also pretty smart, tracking Harrigan and the others in a big town, purposefully killing specific people to unsettle Harrigan even more and only ever got scratched by Harrigan himself.

Also, the others seemed sad and acting pretty respectful when he got killed.

There is never, ever an idication that he's a young Predator or anything, i go by what is actually shown in the movies, and this guy is an A-Class killing machine.

Xerxész

Xerxész

Shane could have referred to Wolf as well... Wolf was already a champion when coming to Earth to take down the Predalien. And given that AvP and AvPR is now accepted by The Predator, we can not leave them out of sight.

Of course (and I'm at this side also) Shane referred to P1 and P2 when talking about 'champions'.

Alienon

Alienon

1:40 runtime - this is with credits?

Master

Wolf was cool looking but he was no champion. He messed up more then what he accomplished.

Xerxész

Quote from: Alienon on Aug 01, 2018, 08:17:10 AM
1:40 runtime - this is with credits?

Most likely yes.

azamultic

Quote from: OpenMaw on Aug 01, 2018, 06:00:09 AM
Yeah, he wasn't a champion. He was a new guy out to prove himself to become one of the group.

Or, just going strictly by the film without the Thomas Brothers say, he was just another Predator on another hunt. Nothing special.

I don't see no problem with CH being the Champion )))) Even so I am bias, he still could be a champion, like the Golden Glove level champion and not the WBC champion ;)

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Aug 01, 2018, 06:59:31 AM
I can imagine City Hunter being a champion. He killed a shitload of armed to the teeth guys in close combat, eliminated Keys team with ease. He was also pretty smart, tracking Harrigan and the others in a big town, purposefully killing specific people to unsettle Harrigan even more and only ever got scratched by Harrigan himself.

There is never, ever an idication that he's a young Predator or anything, i go by what is actually shown in the movies, and this guy is an A-Class killing machine.

Totally agree with you sir!

WolfPre

WolfPre

"Wolf was cool looking but he was no champion. He messed up more then what he accomplished."

Ahhh  :) . How?. Pls explain.

Master

He didn't stop Aliens, he didn't stop Predalien, he lost his weapons and humans acquired Predator tech because of him.

Raoh76

Wolf was the best predator champion out of all the friggin movies, what are you talking about Master? 

His feats way surpassed all others, I mean just look at the rich history on his weapon/biomask display case, as well as his face (yes I suppose by virtue of the acid scar one could count that as he f'ed up...but he SURVIVED to tell the tale)

Wysps

Quote from: Raoh76 on Aug 01, 2018, 12:49:57 PM
Wolf was the best predator champion out of all the friggin movies, what are you talking about Master? 

His feats way surpassed all others, I mean just look at the rich history on his weapon/biomask display case, as well as his face (yes I suppose by virtue of the acid scar one could count that as he f'ed up...but he SURVIVED to tell the tale)

Well the props may insinuate one thing, but the story itself - way in which Wolf behaved i.e. his countless mess-ups - indicates otherwise.  He may have been an ass kicker in his golden years, but AVPR suggests those days are gone.  Still, he as a character is visually very cool  8)

Quote from: Johnny Handsome on Aug 01, 2018, 06:59:31 AM

True.  I think this is good evidence that his tribe/clan/brethren held him in some positive regard.

Master

Quote from: Raoh76 on Aug 01, 2018, 12:49:57 PM

I`m talking about facts.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed