AVP-R Ending

Started by IZE, May 30, 2018, 08:04:28 PM

Author
AVP-R Ending (Read 7,623 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: IZE on Aug 25, 2018, 04:39:22 PM* OWLF should have definitely had a presence in the film again piggy back off of Predator 2.

Technically Stevens and his people are OWLF. At least, the logo is on one of the monitors he's watching.

Inverse Effect

Inverse Effect

if they wanted a small budget why not set it in a space craft? interior corridors? if you wanted an out-door environment why not have used maybe some kind of in-door park area of a ship to simulate outdoors? Heck the original Alien ship felt huge.

SM

SM

Davis wanted AvP on Earth.

Russ

Russ

Yup. I seem to recall him waxing lyrical about it on the special features about what a great idea that was.

Someone earlier in the thread mentioned that it would have been great to do a more national guard focused thing. I love the idea - but I think that anything with US soldiers in the AvP universe would get compared to "Aliens" - the squad was so memorable and (of course) quotable.

I had for a story that involved the Commonwealth (cos that exists militarily in the future headcanon that I invented). I just think that having Brits, Aussies, Saffas et al (Commonwealth is pretty diverse after all) dealing with Aliens and Predators would give you some room to differentiate from the crew of the Sulacco whilst still keeping the military aesthetic.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'd have been interested to see that desert idea instead of Requiem.

Russ

Russ

That too. I don't know who's to blame for AvP:R - I can't recall seeing on this forum much support for the Bros, but this thread seems to be the exception. It's a shame - you can see what it WANTED to be after the action-friendly AvP, but... well, we've all seen the movie...

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: Russ on Sep 03, 2018, 01:56:13 PM
I had an idea for a story that involved the Commonwealth (that exists militarily in the future headcanon that I invented).
I just think that having Brits, Aussies, Saffas et al (the Commonwealth is pretty diverse after all) dealing with
Aliens and Predators would give you some room to differentiate from the crew of the Sulaco whilst still keeping the military aesthetic.

Genuinely a good idea.

Russ

Russ

Quote from: The Old One on Sep 03, 2018, 03:01:26 PM
Genuinely a good idea.

Yet still no email from Fox, damnit *lol*

Thanks so much :-)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed