Alien & Predator at San Diego Comic Con 2018!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 19, 2018, 08:56:44 AM

Author
Alien & Predator at San Diego Comic Con 2018! (Read 4,585 times)

Corporal Hicks

San Diego Comic Con 2018 has officially kicked off and before Shane Black and some of the cast take to the stage in Hall H later today, some of the regular Alien & Predator merchandise producers are showing off some upcoming products!

Hot Toys and Sideshow have announced they’ll be producing a sixth scale figure based on the Fugitive Predator from The Predator!

Cold Iron Studios' Alien Game is a "Massively Multiplayer Online Shooter"

NECA are also at the event with their usual amazing Alien and Predator display showing off a lot of upcoming figures including the recently unveiled Fugitive Predator, a deluxe Lasershot Predator, a Kenner homage to Drake and their Kenner inspired Aliens Series 13 consisting of the Apone, Snake Alien and the Scorpion Alien.

Cold Iron Studios' Alien Game is a "Massively Multiplayer Online Shooter"  Cold Iron Studios' Alien Game is a "Massively Multiplayer Online Shooter"  Cold Iron Studios' Alien Game is a "Massively Multiplayer Online Shooter"  Cold Iron Studios' Alien Game is a "Massively Multiplayer Online Shooter"

NECA is also showing off a prototype of their upcoming deluxe “Assassin Predator” aka the Upgrade/Ultimate Predator!

Cold Iron Studios' Alien Game is a "Massively Multiplayer Online Shooter"

In addition to our first look at NECA’s Upgrade Predator, the company has also unveiled the contents of their Alien Resurrection themed Series 14, with prototypes of the Newborn, Ripley 8 and the Alien Warrior on display!

Cold Iron Studios' Alien Game is a "Massively Multiplayer Online Shooter"  Cold Iron Studios' Alien Game is a "Massively Multiplayer Online Shooter"  Cold Iron Studios' Alien Game is a "Massively Multiplayer Online Shooter"

Head on over to ToyArk and Toy News International for a look at their full galleries and more of the NECA booth! Dane Hallett and Matt Hatton will also be at SDCC on Friday, selling advanced copies of their upcoming Alien: Covenant – David’s Drawings and giving away exclusive prints along with purchases so go check them out!

Be sure to keep checking back in with Alien vs. Predator Galaxy over the next few days as we’ll be covering The Predator presentation later today and any other major Alien or Predator announcements that come out of San Diego Comic Con! You can follow us on FacebookTwitter, Instagram and YouTube to get the latest on your social media walls. You can also join in with fellow Alien and Predator fans on our forums!

Wweyland

I am really interested in the Ripley 8 and Drake who doesn't even look that cartoonish.
The Newborn looks just like the Hasbro one, although bigger.

azamultic

oh shoot, the hot toys Predator, looks exactly like the statues we saw earlier.

YTL_Hunter_H2

Looks pretty good

Buttons

Buttons

Huh... The Neca Fugitive Predator figurine actually looks better than the Hot Toys' one!

RidgeTop

Another shot of the Hot Toys figure:

The Old One

The Old One

Apart from the chrome and some paint detailing, it hardly looks superior to the NECA figure which is surprising.

DarthWall275

DarthWall275

It's presumably one of those things that looks much better in person.

I have to say the prototype Upgrade looks amazing though.
Of course prototypes always look better than the final product, so i'd say it's pretty non indicative.

DarthWall275

DarthWall275

Hmm... so it looks as if Upgrade has digitigrade legs.

RidgeTop

And another shot:

skull-splitter

Hot toys will have better finish for sure, but it is amazing how well Neca has captured the details.

Will probably end up buying both... fml.

GreybackElder

I love the helmet of the hot toys fugitive predator but other than that that it seems like a very boxy looking figure. I'm a little disappointed to be honest but I'll hold my final judgement untiI I see more photos. Also, I think it's odd Hot toys didn't make an upgrade predator figure. I feel like they could really knock it out of the park with it if it's done right.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Derelict in the background of this one -

The Old One

The Old One

That Covenant boi is gorgeous.

426Buddy

Something looks off about the big chap statue, proportion wise maybe.

However the Covenant xeno looks great.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed