Dark Horse Announces Predator Hunters III!

Started by Katanu, Nov 13, 2019, 06:11:03 PM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Predator Hunters III! (Read 58,039 times)

Kradan

Quote from: happypred on Nov 19, 2019, 11:00:18 AM
Detective Schaefer was supposed to be Dutch's protective older brother...so yeah, think an even bigger and tougher Arnold type character

Exactly

Katanu

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 19, 2019, 08:49:55 PM
Quote from: Katanu on Nov 19, 2019, 12:40:54 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 17, 2019, 06:38:54 PM
They did do!
Ops, sorry.
I meant collecting Hunters I, II and III.

Ah! Yeah, that'd be nice! They just released a big Library Edition of Defiance, so I'd assume we might see a collected edition of Hunters at some point eventually.

Here's hoping for that in the future! ;D

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: happypred on Nov 14, 2019, 05:07:22 AM
Hope we get something a bit more innovative this time

At this point, I personally have no complaints. I really loved Hunters and was surprised to discover Hunters II was even better.

To be honest, in my humble opinion, there has been some great Predator Comic moments sprinkled throughout the years like Concrete Jungle Issue 1, parts of Dark River, Race War and Bad Blood, the wonderful 1718 short... but this is the most consistently great Predator comics has ever been to me!  So bring on Hunters III !!!

molasar

PREDATOR: HUNTERS III #2 covers

Spoiler
The Hunters team is in Belize, where they have an acrimonious meeting with the newly arrived Russian team that is after the same quarry. Fortunately, an unexpected player from Dark Horses very first Predator series is there to prevent bloodshed.

Meanwhile, the Predators are busy racking up a body count in the jungle!
[close]

(JONATHAN WAYSHAK VARIANT COVER)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: molasar on Dec 21, 2019, 01:52:34 AM

Spoiler
The Hunters team is in Belize, where they have an acrimonious meeting with the newly arrived Russian team that is after the same quarry. Fortunately, an unexpected player from Dark Horses very first Predator series is there to prevent bloodshed.

[close]

Thanks for sharing molasar!

Hmm, not loving that Wayshak variant cover though. He's obviously very talented, but he's making the Predator look a bit like a hybrid spider (imo).

Mrs.Majesty

Quote from: molasar on Dec 21, 2019, 01:52:34 AM

Spoiler

[close]

Thanks for sharing!
This predator is all covered in hair (or spikes?). It looks weird. The predators have some quills on their bodies, but Jonatan Wayshak obviously went too far with this, he painted too many quills. But overall the cover looks fine.

Kailem

I actually like it because he looks so spidery. Gives it a cool, different look that goes well with the obligatory mandibles and large forehead.

happypred

Looks a bit like a wolf spider

Voodoo Magic

Indeed.  I think I'll be sticking with the regular cover.

TheSailingRabbit

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 22, 2019, 01:35:55 PM

What if . . . it's worse than a hairy Predator?

It's a hairy Crabator.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: TheSailingRabbit on Dec 22, 2019, 02:43:36 PM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Dec 22, 2019, 01:35:55 PM

What if . . . it's worse than a hairy Predator?

It's a hairy Crabator.

Corporal Hicks

I've very rarely liked the variant covers. But I usually trade my singles for trades once they come out, so it's kind of a null point for me.

Corporal Hicks

Interesting comment from Brian about manga influencing his take on the visuals for this. I've always said I thought Predator would suit a stylized manga. He certainly talks more in terms of the detailing, but I'm curious to see how it looks.

Voodoo Magic

Hot damn, I really can't wait for this. This series has been such a high point for Predator comics.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed