Possible to fix these neca alien figures?

Started by judge death, Jan 29, 2020, 07:30:49 PM

Author
Possible to fix these neca alien figures? (Read 3,337 times)

judge death

Got home a stash of alien figures from neca but as I remember it from the past: their quality is just as bad as back in 2012: only 1 of 5 were fully alright, the rest has problems like loose limbs or balljoints thats broken etc.

My brown aliens ultimate xeno has the problem with the arms are loose and wont hold many poses without falling down.
But biggest problem is the right leg where the balljoint barely holds together and a large crack can be seen, if I move the leg further the balljoint want to split apart into two pieces.
I plan to use the hot water method to try and close the limbs more together and use nail polish and hopefully that will make the arms more stiff.
But the balljoint/leg, is that fixable?
Or someone here who might be able to repair it for me and preferable is located in europe?
Pictures:

My Alien isolation stumpy alien:
Only problem with this figure is the dome that is on one side barely fitted and has a big opening and its not following the head there, I have no idea how to fix that or if its even fixeable, as I doubt the hot water method would work and end up having water inside ruining the transparency.
Any ideas or Im better off throwing it away and try and buy another one?

Aliens defiance alien:
The left leg is very woobly and loose and the pins and leg barely go into eachother, left arm is also very loose. The leg is worst as you can see from the picture: the upper leg joint seem to bend outward making little contact with the lower leg, barely the pins holds them together.
I plan to use the hot water method and try to squeese the upper leg joint together and more bent inwards, and then if needed use clear nail polish for it, and for the arm.
Or anyone here have a better idea?

Or suggestions how to easily fix loose arms and legs with necas aliens?
Kinda expensive to hunt down these figures they dont produce anymore and pay lots and then get it home to find a leg or arm is barely working. xD

Morose

For the ultimate alien warrior leg you need to heat it up with a blow dryer for about a minute. After this take a tweezer and squeeze the ball joint. Hold it like this with the tweezer for 10 minutes. Use your phone as a stop watch. Don't know what to do about arms, could you post a pic of this?

For the alien isolation figure you are unfortunately out of luck. All of these figures have this issue, including mine. It looks ugly but it is normal.

For the alien refinance figure heat up the joint with a blow dryer for a minute. then get a small and not very strong clamp that can hold the joint together as it cools down.

Hope this helps :)

judge death

judge death

Thank you for the reply!

Is now working on the ultimate warrior one, will edit this with the end results when Im done.
Edit: No progress, the ball joint didnt improve at all and was still barely holding together, tried super glue but it didnt help much either and after some trying the ball joint came apart completely xD Well I guess its time to go looking for a new one, again....

Here is a video showing how loose the arms are on it, same for the left arm of the defiance one:
https://youtu.be/ufceI3sEV7Y?t=31

The alien isolation one I managed to fix almost to mint condition: tried boiling hot water and then after the doom was warm enough: Put little super glue where the doome and the head should meet and holded it together until the glue had dried. My thumbs hurt after that xD But it seems to look correct now, almost: if one look super close one can see a small crack at the back of the head, but then again I could do the same on the other side, so I think its fine now overall:

Defiance one I did as you say and the leg is better, no big gap there on the leg anymore and it offers some reistance now but its not 100% as it should be, some minor woobling still happens but at least it can now stand and no big gaps, just have to accept to be careful with the leg. :P And if I want I can glue it into place now.

Lol got home my aliens burke kit and the aliens doom is even more unevenly placed, not even fitted on one side of the head, and the arm snapped when I touched it. Sigh no hope for that one xD
Well at least I have 2 figures fixed, maybe 3 soon. Saves me some money.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed