IGN UK Reviews AvP!

Started by Darkness, Feb 11, 2010, 02:03:48 PM

Author
IGN UK Reviews AvP! (Read 7,836 times)

Darkness

Darkness

IGN UK have reviewed Aliens vs Predator on X360 and scored it 8.5/10. The score itself is pretty good considering AvP2 scored 8.2/10 and Rebellion’s first AvP from 1999 scored 8/10 on there. IGN really only criticized the graphics and the story in the alien campaign.

The three species set-up feels generous even at a time when people  demand so much of their games, but it’s a premise that dates back to  Rebellion’s first Aliens vs. Predator in 1994. While much has changed it  still feels a little rusty – this isn’t as slick as a Modern Warfare or  Halo and its production values feel like they’re from a different age,  with poor textures and the occasional unimaginative set-piece belying  the fact that underneath the HD dazzle is a core idea that’s changed  little in over 15 years. But that never truly detracts from how much fun  is to be had throughout Aliens vs. Predator’s myriad modes as Rebellion  leans heavily on the source material, creating a game that’s going to  stoke the hearts of anyone who ever fell in love with the original films  – which is likely anyone who’s ever picked up a game pad.

Thanks to Drewid and Dave for the news.

BSW624

BSW624

Well I am actually glad to hear the graphics where this reviewers biggest issue with the game cause they don't really seem all that bad to me. good to know   :D  

PredatorHuntress

PredatorHuntress

I'm astonished that reviews are being so hard on the graphics... I think the game looks amazing.  Even the demo, which is outdated code.  I can't wait to see the PC version running on DX11.

dave1978

dave1978

Who cares about Halo or Modern Warfare?  

Halo 3 bored me after 2 hours, thats no joke a truly terrible game, quite possibly the most over-rated game of all time.  Modernwarfare 1 was good but 2 was just a map-pack and should never have been allowed a release as a new game.

from playing the demo of AvP i can tell the game will keep me going for years.

heady89

heady89

If it's reviewed for consoles sure.
For PC i think it wouldn't be worth more than a 7, if the demo quality is anywhere near how the final game plays...

PredatorHuntress

PredatorHuntress

@heady89: what part of 'the demo is is 10 month old code' is unclear?

heady89

heady89

Who said it's 10 month old code..? Source? I'd bet its code from late 2009 meaning no big difference at all, if i am wrong then i'd just be happy.

vull

vull

what i do not agree with is marines blocking pred blades and alien claws / tail? i think they shouldnt have block it makes them to over powered. especially when you are an alien and you try the pounce, light attack combo.. they just block and then you are screwed.. its like u have to try to spam tail but preds heavy attack and marines melee aka block are way faster. poor aliens.. but that just means aliens = more skill then crap tard noobs that play marines and pred.. melee > ranged scrubs

Omega1

Omega1

Am I the only one who thinks the graphics are actually great in AvP? Seems most people just want eye candy these days. I just love how they claim it isn't as "slick" as overrated mediocre games such as Modern Warfare 2 and Halo 3, give me a break. If the full game (AvP) is anything like the demo then I'll be playing this baby for years to come, just like AvP 2 (game). Games like Modern Warfare and Halo 3 hold my attention for maybe a few hours and that's it.

RavagerX

RavagerX

Why does everyone think the graphics are just average or below? To me the graphics are the best I've seen compared to most games. It's even better than MW2's graphics.

GrimyGhost

GrimyGhost

people need to stop compairing games that are totally different, the graphics are fine for this game...

vull

vull

gameplay > graphics imo. thats why avp2 primal hunt is still pumping with plenty of servers /mods hacked shit and its just fun.

nico_celtic

nico_celtic

I dont care what the people or the reviewers say,for me the game its great and i love it!!!! and stop saying that the graphics arent good.The graphics are great!.

Xleft4theXenoxX

Xleft4theXenoxX

Ja you´re totaly right nico!
f**k off the reviews! The press says Modern Warfare 1 is better than part 2...Screw you! Modern Warfare 1 was BORING! Modern Warfare 2 was great!
And AvP will be better :D

Xleft4theXenoxX

Xleft4theXenoxX

And dave you in right too!
How cares about Halo?! I buyed Halo 3 because IGN and co.
said it is good...after 10 minutes I put it back in the box and since 3 months I don´t played it anymore. Halo is crap!

And sorry for my bad English, I´m from Austria... :(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed