The E3 2014 Thread - Trailer, Screenshots & Demo Footage Inside

Started by ikarop, Jun 02, 2014, 04:16:51 PM

Author
The E3 2014 Thread - Trailer, Screenshots & Demo Footage Inside (Read 107,214 times)

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

That torch/flashlight halo effect is not looking right though. It stays a constant sized circle (almost like a HUD) instead of varying with distance.

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 11, 2014, 12:39:27 AM
ol boy is not a public speaker

Should have hired ol' Randy to do the public speaking. That guy's one smooth talker!  :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: ikarop on Jun 11, 2014, 01:19:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZko1_XP220#ws

Lasted a lot longer than I would have expected not using the tracker. That must be a rock hard challenge.

Bio Mech Hunter

Fantastic footage. Lots of interesting info about the gameplay. I'm really looking forward to this.

The only two things that are bothering me at the moment is the way the flashlight works (what The Eighth Passenger mentioned), and that Amanda's body doesn't cast any shadows. That's elementary stuff and hopefully CA will fix them before launch.

Al Hope wasn't the right man to take the interview. The poor guy was so visibly nervous, and seemed to get frustrated with his own nervousness.

Seegson

If you ask me, one thing i miss a little is the lack of interaction of Amanda,s body with the eviroment, like in OutCast. When you face a wall i miss Amand's hands on it...or taking the craftable stuff. Becouse of that the "sprint" thing is a bit strange...i feel a slight lack of animations.

Talking about animations, the "transitions" between them still bad executed...the Alien seem to "jump" from one animation to other...and humans a little bit too

But the games its awesome...beyond what i expected

Adam802

Adam802

the most complete video of the E3 demo ive seen so far.

http://www.gamespot.com/videos/e3-2014-alien-isolation-stage-demo/2300-6419558/

game looks SUPERB! 

Seegson

Bio Mech Hunter

Quote from: Seegson on Jun 11, 2014, 05:36:52 PM
If you ask me, one thing i miss a little is the lack of interaction of Amanda,s body with the eviroment, like in OutCast. When you face a wall i miss Amand's hands on it...or taking the craftable stuff. Becouse of that the "sprint" thing is a bit strange...i feel a slight lack of animations.

Talking about animations, the "transitions" between them still bad executed...the Alien seem to "jump" from one animation to other...and humans a little bit too

You're absolutely right. It breaks the immersion.

Xenoscream

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Jun 11, 2014, 07:51:09 PM
Quote from: Seegson on Jun 11, 2014, 05:36:52 PM

You're absolutely right. It breaks the immersion.

This plus no HUD would make the game even more special.

RagingDragon

Man I'm so excited for this. The comments about the HUD have merit, but I imagine that if the game truly is as challenging as they say, not having a HUD would be akin to a super-hard/realism mode or something, which might be included.

First time seeing the synthetics, then hearing about the human>synthetic>alien dynamic tickled me inside. A simple but creative way to make the game far more interesting and tense. Also can't wait for that creepy Ash feel, lol.

I really hope this game succeeds. The franchise needs something good so badly.

Sadogoat

It's interesting to note the differences in Alien design from the creature in the original movie - not only does it have slight chicken-leggage but the four fingers on its hands are split too.

RagingDragon

Yeah I don't like the chicken legs or the shiny buck teeth, but the size and overall design are incredibly good. It could've been so much worse, with fleshy goop AvP super tail aliens or thick-neck AvP:Rliens.

It looks damned huge, and great to see it can still squeeze into vents with ease.

OpenMaw

Quote from: RagingDragon on Jun 11, 2014, 09:24:44 PM
Also can't wait for that creepy Ash feel, lol.

I can't wait for the magazine-in-the-mouth minigame.

TAP THE BUTTON...!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed