The E3 2014 Thread - Trailer, Screenshots & Demo Footage Inside

Started by ikarop, Jun 02, 2014, 04:16:51 PM

Author
The E3 2014 Thread - Trailer, Screenshots & Demo Footage Inside (Read 108,716 times)

Darkness

Those androids sure are freaky looking.

The previews seem very positive. Only thing that concerns me is the difficulty. It's gonna get frustrating if you keep dying in the same places over and over again. Still can't wait to play in that environment though. It's so detailed.

UDA

I wonder how frequent the human/android encounters are. The fact that the Andriods are hostiles makes me wonder, are they working to capture the alien? or to prevent it from creating other aliens (by eliminating the host)?

I wonder if the human A.I. will actively try not to make noise because of the alien as well...

Environments look great. The Alien looks amazing.

I still want a little more insight on the story (Why are the andriods hostile? Why are people working together to get rid of the alien instead of attacking you, How did the alien get on the station, ect, ect)

Predatorium

Quote from: UDA on Jun 10, 2014, 07:46:40 PMI still want a little more insight on the story (Why are the andriods hostile? Why are people working together to get rid of the alien instead of attacking you, How did the alien get on the station, ect, ect)

Why do you want to spoil the story for yourself?

NickisSmart

Better too hard than too easy. Honestly games these days are far too forgiving. This sounds challenging for all the right reasons. I've heard in a couple of these previews that the checkpoint system saves at inopportune moments, putting you between the hammer and the anvil. Maybe being able to disable it altogether as an option would be nice?

Adam802

challenge mode detailed:

http://www.joystiq.com/2014/06/10/alien-isolations-challenge-mode-is-a-space-time-conundrum/

awesome to see that they're showing the xbox one version!

Kimarhi

ol boy is not a public speaker

hfeldhaus

love the look of the synthetics, they look freaky as hell. hope you cant rely on the flamethrower all the time

Space Sweeper

Jumped a few times watching the latest gameplay stuff, sometimes not even at jumpscares but with some sudden movements in the peripherals (like the little door mechanism where it opens). The atmosphere is looking perfect, even with the human enemies; the game seems to have some comparison to Bio/Systemshock in the combat, but with less lethal ability and, like Burial at Sea, a very low amount of ammo. Pretty unique blend of the two styles of horror games, I'd say. Love the way the flamethrower is used, essentially to buy some time while running away from the Alien, and the androids look genuinely creepy. Anybody else notice that one doing the Ash 'joint exercise' deal at the window? Great stuff.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 11, 2014, 12:39:27 AM
ol boy is not a public speaker

Al Hope? Yeah, I get that impression too.

Those androids...they're so void of expression and them eyes...wow. Creepy as f**k. It's all looking very intense.

OpenMaw

Quote from: UDA on Jun 10, 2014, 07:46:40 PM
(-snip- How did the alien get on the station, ect, ect)

Likely part of the plot, but this does raise one point for me. Has anyone said anything with regards to the origin of the big chap himself?

Seegson

90% of the reviews said that the Alien can attack from anywere...but the nerd reactor one said you can predict it when you die.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed