Question about Samuels I have after beating the story...(spoilers)

Started by Adam802, Oct 17, 2014, 01:52:04 AM

Author
Question about Samuels I have after beating the story...(spoilers) (Read 5,132 times)

ShadowPred

Yee, you must've blinked, Darkness.

Cal427eb

That's a lot of blinking.

ShadowPred

Quote from: Cal427eb on Oct 17, 2014, 02:33:40 PM
That's a lot of blinking.

Not as bad as me though, these days I miss important shit because I turn my head to the side so I can interweb some more lol.

Darkness

I'm still waiting to read a detailed plot synopsis of the game.

I forget things pretty quickly after I finish a game.

thekillergreece

When he said "I am working for the Company" I was sure he was Weyland Yutani agent but I never knew that he was synthetic UNTIL his first fight with another SEEGSON Synthetic, since hand to hand combat human to synthetics are impossible.

newbeing

Quote from: Seegson on Oct 17, 2014, 10:51:04 AM
"I dont have to sleep as much as the rest of us" 

Pretty obvious since the beggining

Wow I totally missed this. I only caught what waits said.

I too am glad it wasn't a big reveal or twist. I am glad the twist was he was still your friend throughout the game. Made me really enjoy the character way more than if he was all out for the company.

Kimarhi

Quote from: thekillergreece on Oct 17, 2014, 05:35:51 PM
When he said "I am working for the Company" I was sure he was Weyland Yutani agent but I never knew that he was synthetic UNTIL his first fight with another SEEGSON Synthetic, since hand to hand combat human to synthetics are impossible.

but at that point Waits had already flat out confirmed it.

mfw people say the game is thin on story.........but don't actually pay attention to the story

???

Jarac

It was pretty obvious when he said "I don't need as much sleep as the rest of you". It was nice that the characters weren't shocked by it. The biggest shock for me was that he was pretty much on your side instead of being completely pro-Company and betraying you (Ash).

Kimarhi

yup

but that's actually because of the EU's subliminal influence you didn't even know it had on your subconscious

Most androids in the movies are friendly.  Only Ash is the exception.

Its not until you go eu that most every android is a badguy. 

Quarax

Quarax

Quote from: Darkness on Oct 17, 2014, 02:37:14 PM
I'm still waiting to read a detailed plot synopsis of the game.

I forget things pretty quickly after I finish a game.

Spoiler

When she left Earth, Ellen Ripley promised her daughter Amanda she would return home for her 11th birthday. Amanda never saw her again.

Fifteen years later (2137), Weyland-Yutani Technician Amanda Ripley is approached by the synthetic Christopher Samuels, a Weyland-Yutani executive, who informs her that the flight recorder unit of the Nostromo was recently located and is being held aboard Sevastopol Station, a remote freeport space station owned by the Seegson Corporation in orbit around the gas giant KG348. Samuels offers to allow Amanda to be a part of the Weyland-Yutani team sent to retrieve it, so that she can have closure regarding the fate of her missing mother. Ripley, Samuels, and Weyland-Yutani lawyer Nina Taylor travel to Sevastopol onboard the cargo ship Torrens, owned by Captain Diane Verlaine. The group arrive at Sevastopol to find the station damaged and communications dead. Ripley, Samuels, and Taylor attempt to spacewalk over to the station to investigate, but their EVA line is severed by debris from an explosion and Ripley is separated from Samuels and Taylor.

Ripley manages to make her way inside the station and finds a complete breakdown of civil society, with the station's inhabitants reduced to small groups of frightened, paranoid looters hoarding scavenged resources and shooting non-group members on sight. She is briefly held at gunpoint by Axel, but convinces him to help her in exchange for a ride off the station aboard the Torrens. Axel explains the current situation is due to a "monster" loose aboard the station, and, after the 2 escape from a group of hostile survivors, an Alien appears and kills Axel. Ripley evades the Alien and contacts Samuels, and learns that Taylor was injured, forcing Ripley to retrieve medical supplies from the San Cristobal Medical Facility to treat her.

Upon returning to Samuels and Taylor with the medical supplies, the group is joined by Colonial Marshal Waits, and his deputy, Ricardo. Waits explains that the Alien was brought on board the station by Marlow, the captain of the salvage vessel Anesidora, the ship that found the Nostromo flight recorder. Ripley speaks with Marlow, who is kept in a cell by Waits, and learns that the Anesidora crew discovered the derelict on LV-426 by following the Nostromo's flight route, and Marlow's wife, Foster, was impregnated by a Facehugger in the ship's cargo hold. Marlow brought her aboard Sevastopol for treatment, and the Alien hatched from her and began to wreak havoc onboard. Waits convinces Ripley to help him contain the Alien by luring it to the Gemini Exoplanet Solutions module, a remote section of the station, then sealing it inside. However, once the Alien is contained, Waits ejects the module from the station with Ripley still inside. She manages to find an EVA suit and eject herself from the module and back to Sevastopol, while the Alien is left behind in the jettisoned module as it falls into KG348.

With the Alien disposed of, the situation aboard the station appears back under control, but the station's android workforce abruptly begins hunting down and killing the station's human inhabitants, including Waits and his remaining men, though Ricardo survives. Samuels attempts to interface with the station's controlling artificial intelligence, APOLLO, and get it to stop the slaughter. Despite Ripley's attempts to save him, APOLLO's defensive countermeasures end up killing Samuels, but not before he opens a path for Ripley to APOLLO's control chamber.

After evading more androids and reaching the control chamber, Ripley discovers that Sevastopol was recently purchased by Weyland-Yutani, who, by Special Order 939, instructed APOLLO to protect the Alien at all costs so the company could acquire it, even if it meant killing the station's crew. Ripley demands to know why APOLLO is continuing to carry out this directive even though the Alien is no longer aboard the station. APOLLO directs her to the station's reactor core, where Ripley discovers a "nest" with multiple Aliens, Facehuggers and Eggs. Ripley initiates a reactor purge to destroy the nest, but multiple Aliens manage to escape into the station.

Ripley learns from Ricardo that Taylor was sent by Weyland-Yutani to retrieve the Alien, and that she freed Marlow in exchange for the location of LV-426. However, Marlow took her hostage and fled to his ship. Ripley uses an ambulance shuttle to pursue them in hopes of using the Anesidora to escape the station. However, Marlow, who has the Nostromo flight recorder data, shows Ripley a message for her from her mother regarding her motives for destroying the ship Marlow reveals he is attempting to detonate the Anesidora's fusion reactor to destroy the station and his ship, ensuring the Aliens do not come into contact with the rest of humanity. Taylor hits Marlow with a wrench while he is arguing with Ripley, and both work together to try to prevent the reactor explosion. They are only partially successful, however, with Taylor being killed by an electrical overload and Ripley barely escaping as the ship explodes. While the explosion does not destroy Sevastopol, it damages the station's gravity stabilizers, causing it to begin falling into KG348's atmosphere.

Ripley and Ricardo realign Sevastopol's antenna to contact the Torrens for evacuation, but Ricardo is attacked and subdued by a Facehugger. Ripley attempts to put on an EVA suit, preparing to release the clamps securing the Torrens to Sevastopol, but gets captured and cocooned by an Alien. She escapes, dons an EVA suit and releases the clamps just as Sevastopol is destroyed. Aboard the ship, Ripley abruptly loses contact with Verlaine, and subsequently discovers an Alien has boarded the ship as well, cornering her in the airlock. Still in her EVA suit, Ripley hits the a button to open the airlock, jettisoning both herself and the Alien into space. The game ends with Ripley adrift in space, waking up to the light of a vessel approaching her.
[close]

Salt The Fries

Well, it was directly mentioned in the Marshal Bureau, and even before the mainframe scene, he beat the shit out of a Working Joe. No human would've done that. That being said, at first I didn't think he was a droid and hadn't realized that until the Marshal Bureau scene.

BTW I was expecting him to release Alien too or have some other special order like Ash...

Vakarian

I knew he was an android when he said the thing about the sleep. What confirmed it for me was the running in place thing he did when he was waiting for the player to get off the tram. Just like other joes and Ash does in Alien.

Also I was pretty sad about his death, but I felt he was still hiding something from Amanda/the player. Like when he hooked himself into Apollo, he initiated special order 937 or whatever.

thekillergreece

Quote from: Kimarhi on Oct 17, 2014, 10:59:33 PM
yup

but that's actually because of the EU's subliminal influence you didn't even know it had on your subconscious

Most androids in the movies are friendly.  Only Ash is the exception.

Its not until you go eu that most every android is a badguy.

Ash was bad android because he was ordered to do so. Weyland Yutani ordered him to secure the Alien and ignore if it risks the crew's life.

Kimarhi

okay

not sure how that changes my point at all

PsyKore

As a side note: it was seriously cool when Samuals beat the shit out of that Working Joe. :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed