Why did the Pulse Rifle sound differently in Alien 3

Started by Inverse Effect, Apr 13, 2022, 08:04:54 AM

Author
Why did the Pulse Rifle sound differently in Alien 3 (Read 9,019 times)

Acid_Reign161

Acid_Reign161

Simple explanation: The M41A pulse rifle usually fires 10mm explosive-tip caseless light armor piercing rounds... however the company 'dog handlers' weren't there to kill anything, they were there to retrieve a specimen... better to have the weapon loaded with ammunition that would give 'an incentive' rather than leave a xeno in a spicy pool of hissing blood burning through the floor... both 85 and Morse's leg showed no evidence of being hit by explosive tip rounds :-)

oduodu

oduodu

i know kinda retro posting now but just wanted to say that i hate it so much when sounds change from movie to movie or episode to episode of guns engines even the sound doors make. like in airwolf when in the 3rd series the sound of the helicopter completely changed. didnt eat for 2
  days. dont know if op feels that strongly about the issue but just wanted to say it sometime does for me.  the pulserifle sound is so central to the movie for me that If they ever did change it it would really upset me.      btw was there any pulserifles anywhere else in the franchise ie  games where you could hear the sound again? if there is does itbsound differently than in aliens?

Inverse Effect

So what? Different Ammo? Or weapon Variant?

Xenomrph

Quote from: Inverse Effect on May 19, 2023, 01:37:34 AMSo what? Different Ammo? Or weapon Variant?
Why not both?

Inverse Effect

I can agree to this.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed