When was the last time a horror movie (or media) scared you? 👻😱🕵🎃

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Oct 02, 2021, 11:29:42 PM

Author
When was the last time a horror movie (or media) scared you? 👻😱🕵🎃 (Read 1,654 times)

Shasvre

It Follows (2014). That feeling of never being safe, never being able to relax.

Corporal Hicks

Other than the physical reaction I got from playing Isolation, the last time I was genuinely really scared was watching Dark Skies. I love horror, I love sci-fi, but for some reason I'm just genuinely terrified of Greys. Another show I used to love as a kid was Taken, but I always covered my eyes whenever the aliens showed up. But with the dated effects, it's not so effective anymore. But Dark Skies...I loved it. But it terrified me. I couldn't sleep at all that night.

Xiggz456

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 06, 2021, 11:39:49 AM
Other than the physical reaction I got from playing Isolation, the last time I was genuinely really scared was watching Dark Skies. I love horror, I love sci-fi, but for some reason I'm just genuinely terrified of Greys. Another show I used to love as a kid was Taken, but I always covered my eyes whenever the aliens showed up. But with the dated effects, it's not so effective anymore. But Dark Skies...I loved it. But it terrified me. I couldn't sleep at all that night.

I think my biggest (perhaps unreasonable) fear is to be abducted by Greys lol. Back in college a buddy of mine wrote a paper on abductions and apparently people who claim to get abducted tend to have had it happen throughout their life and often times it runs in families; which to me seems akin to humans tracking an animal throughout its life to gather data. Regardless "Dark Skies" did a good job of unsettling me as well.

Prez

Quote from: Shasvre on Oct 06, 2021, 11:27:28 AM
It Follows (2014). That feeling of never being safe, never being able to relax.

Yep. That film! Didn't help my wife did her best Samara (from the Ring) impersonation half way during the film when I wasn't looking. HAHAHA.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Xiggz456 on Oct 06, 2021, 02:23:06 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 06, 2021, 11:39:49 AM

I think my biggest (perhaps unreasonable) fear is to be abducted by Greys lol. Back in college a buddy of mine wrote a paper on abductions and apparently people who claim to get abducted tend to have had it happen throughout their life and often times it runs in families; which to me seems akin to humans tracking an animal throughout its life to gather data. Regardless "Dark Skies" did a good job of unsettling me as well.

Wow!  :o I didn't know Dark Skies was that good. Time to see it, I'd say.  :laugh: Also Fourth Kind! garbage movie, I know, but I find the idea that grays are "owls" kind of creepy.  :'(

And yup, thanks to Fire in the Sky, I'm scared of dentists. 😱

I also used to like old Unsolved Mysteries style shows but with UFOs. I think I remember an episode where a band of musicians recounted their alleged encounter with a UFO, while traveling on a highway at night. One of the guys said he saw a light the size of a bus. They stopped, and when they got out of the vehicle to watch the phenomenon, the light split into several small luminous objects that were blinking. One of the guys used the car lights to blink them in order to communicate with UFO lights, which as a result of the above rejoined to become an an entity. The guys got scared and got into the car, then the entity disappeared, the lights came back doing some maneuvers and then they merged and formed the mother ship and moved away. One of the guys said that the creature was radiating light from its suit / body. There was a face, kinda human, but strangely not human at the same time. The story is probably a hoax or drug product, but the tale scared me a bit since I was a child.  :-X

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed