Last Movie You Watched

Started by Terx2, Dec 05, 2012, 05:12:31 AM

Author
Last Movie You Watched (Read 826,366 times)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The Living Daylights

This was on TV last night, and I'll never pass up the chance to watch my favourite Bond movie.

I only just noticed how it's the same KGB agent who lets Koskov defect to the west, lets Kara slip her surveillance and lets Pushkin get accosted by Bond in his hotel room. How does this f**king guy still have a job? :laugh:

xeno_alpha_07

xeno_alpha_07

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 14, 2022, 10:34:31 AM
The Living Daylights

This was on TV last night, and I'll never pass up the chance to watch my favourite Bond movie.

I only just noticed how it's the same KGB agent who lets Koskov defect to the west, lets Kara slip her surveillance and lets Pushkin get accosted by Bond in his hotel room. How does this f**king guy still have a job? :laugh:

I thought Timothy Dalton was a great James Bond and it is a shame he only did two movies.  I haven't seen The Living Daylights or Licence to Kill in a very long time.

The Rock (1996)

It has been years since I last watched The Rock.  My brother wanted to watch a 90s film he hadn't seen.  It's cheesy but entertaining cheese.  All though Nic Cage does annoy me in this film.  Wish Michael Biehn had a longer role in this.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Jan 14, 2022, 12:51:36 PMI thought Timothy Dalton was a great James Bond and it is a shame he only did two movies.

Of all the actors who've been cast as Bond, he played the part closest to the character as Fleming wrote him. Probably why he's my favourite 007. I honestly think the scene where he confronts Pushkin might be the best scene from any Bond movie.

Wish he'd got to at least finish out his contract and do his third.

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Jan 14, 2022, 12:51:36 PMThe Rock (1996)

It has been years since I last watched The Rock.  My brother wanted to watch a 90s film he hadn't seen.  It's cheesy but entertaining cheese.  All though Nic Cage does annoy me in this film.  Wish Michael Biehn had a longer role in this.

Part of the holy trinity of Die Hard rip-offs, along with Under Siege and Air Force One.

Connery's clearly having an absolute blast in it.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 14, 2022, 04:58:00 PM
Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on Jan 14, 2022, 12:51:36 PMThe Rock (1996)

Part of the holy trinity of Die Hard rip-offs, along with Under Siege and Air Force One.

Connery's clearly having an absolute blast in it.

"Winners go home and f**k the prom queen." ;D

Where does Speed fall in the Die Hard ripoff pantheon?

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 14, 2022, 06:02:30 PMWhere does Speed fall in the Die Hard ripoff pantheon?

Ironically, despite being billed as a Die Hard rip-off in its own advertising, I've never really thought it is. The Die Hard formula is one or two guys vs. a big bunch of baddies in a confined location. In Speed he's only actually on the bus for part of the film, there's only one villain and they're never even in the same place until the very end of the movie.

Excellent film though :)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 15, 2022, 08:13:01 AM
Quote from: KiramidHead on Jan 14, 2022, 06:02:30 PMWhere does Speed fall in the Die Hard ripoff pantheon?

Ironically, despite being billed as a Die Hard rip-off in its own advertising, I've never really thought it is. The Die Hard formula is one or two guys vs. a big bunch of baddies in a confined location. In Speed he's only actually on the bus for part of the film, there's only one villain and they're never even in the same place until the very end of the movie.

Excellent film though :)

"Yeah? Well I'm taller!"

DUNC Part One

Love it.

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

The End of Evangelion

This is a movie... that I give a thumbs up.

To start off, I actually think it's pretty interesting to me how apparently a sizeable amount of people took issue with Neon Genesis Evangelion but liked The End of Evangelion more while I on the other hand was actually the opposite, at least initially.

But unlike some who have said The End of Evangelion is an alternate ending to the ending of Neon Genesis Envengelion, I on the other hand really believe that they are one in the same and that The End of Evangelion, beyond just offering more explanation by filling in some of the gaps as well as giving us some kickass Asuka action, is a different perspective of the same events and is heavier on the visuals that are both stunning and unsettling.

The biggest thing I'm still trying to process right now is the very ending, which I slept on even.

Spoiler
At first Shinji just straight up choking Asuka almost to death is something I interpreted as a regression in character, especially when you consider how he grew in the ending of Neon Genesis Evangelion and I even for a moment forgot all about the dialogue in the human instrumentality that happened earlier.

But I decided to go back and watch the ending again and took in the beauty of that dialogue again. While it's possible I may not fully understand the very end I do take back my bit about regression and have some different thoughts the second time around, like initially Shinji getting a grip on reality was a bad joke I made but maybe it's not actually that far-fetch at all considering that he just came back from human instrumentality, not to say that human instrumentality isn't real at this point but rather still trying to figure out if he's in reality as we know it with individuality and free will. As well I think on the surface Asuka's comment "How disgusting" could very well be that they were all just sharing the same consciousness and she probably saw what he did in the beginning, but it could very well a part of a deeper meaning of joy and pain, how one can't exist without the other and therefore you cannot experience joy without also experiencing pain along the way, and particularly how Shinji rejected human instrumentality because he still wanted to experience joy even if it also meant experiencing pain.
[close]

With all that now in mind this is indeed a great movie I think (though you have to see Neon Genesis Evangelion first, otherwise what on earth are you doing). Do I think it's better or worse than Neon Genesis Evengelion? Honestly I can't even say because I honestly feel that they both just go together hand in hand. But yea I'll be looking out for a blu-ray copy. Thumbs up.

Also the Death and Rebirth movie which I saw beforehand is completely optional and I'd even skip if I knew that before, I didn't see Nightmare Asylum's post until after the fact and had my very own Baka Mitai moment.  :laugh: Death and Rebirth is literally a condensed Neon Genesis in the first half and the first half of End of Evangelion in the second half.

I plan on seeing the Rebuild of Evangelion series of films but I'm taking a break first after that long marathon, even just to take the time to further process and appreciate.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

All the President's Men

A really well done and tense thriller, even if pretty much everyone knows how it turns out. Back when you could away with saying "rat f**king" more than once in a PG rated movie. :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Lethal Weapon 3

Probably the weakest of the four imo, but still a fantastic movie and the opening scene might be the funniest in the whole series. The stuff about Roger killing his son's friend in a gang shootout is also pretty well done and gives Glover a chance to really flex his acting muscles. And I love how Kamen randomly included the clicks of a Zippo lighter in his score to reflect the completely irrelevant subplot about Riggs quitting smoking :laugh:

Oh yeah, and this film did the whole post-credits scene thing long before Marvel made it cool 8)

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle

I've actually never seen this all the way through before, had no idea that Ryan Reynolds gif was from this. :laugh:

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 19, 2022, 03:48:40 PM
Lethal Weapon 3

Probably the weakest of the four imo, but still a fantastic movie and the opening scene might be the funniest in the whole series. The stuff about Roger killing his son's friend in a gang shootout is also pretty well done and gives Glover a chance to really flex his acting muscles. And I love how Kamen randomly included the clicks of a Zippo lighter in his score to reflect the completely irrelevant subplot about Riggs quitting smoking :laugh:

Oh yeah, and this film did the whole post-credits scene thing long before Marvel made it cool 8)

I keep trying to like LW3, but it's just so messy and the tonal whiplash from wacky cartoon antics to Murtagh shooting a kid always does my head in. :laugh:

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I guess, but I don't personally find it any different to how the other sequels veer between comedy and dark subject matter.

I feel like the third one's biggest sin is it feels the most routine of the lot.

KiramidHead

KiramidHead

Wolf (1994)

Pretty decent werewolf movie on the whole. Where else will you see Jack Nicholson pee on James Spader? :laugh: I mainly just wish they went a bit further with the wolf makeup. Almost every scene before the end is just a slightly hairier Jack with yellow eyes.

Malignant

Definitely one of the craziest, most out there horror movies of recent years. The trailer makes out to be just another James Wan spooky scary ghost movie, but it sooooooo isn't.

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance

"Scrapin' at the doooaaahhh..." I have fun with this as a trashy B movie. Ghost Rider transforming that giant f**k off dig machine is metal as hell.

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE

Predator 2, yo

And Species 2 but it was muted and background visuals for when I would glance at the screen. The FX for the finale were amazing I thought but again, no sound. Ill have to give it and Species 3 a more dedicated viewing. Seen Species 1 a bunch of times already. Just not the sequels.

Evil Dead and its making of DVD feature too was in there lately.

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: WIZARDSxNEVERxDIE on Jan 21, 2022, 08:39:06 AM
Predator 2, yo

There's at least one man in the world who is a little happier now

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed