Aliens Epilogue

Started by friendlyskies, May 22, 2009, 05:53:21 PM

Author
Aliens Epilogue (Read 69,207 times)

friendlyskies

friendlyskies

Hi all

I was invited onto the board by Cpl Hicks to promote a new fan film that myself and other fans are currently working on.

Entitled - Aliens Epilogue, a website has been set up for people to keep up to date with how our progress is going. The site is only a couple of weeks old and all constructive crticism and suggestions are welcome on improving it. I've kept it fairly simple and easy to navigate as I think that's sometimes the best thing.

Website can be found at

Aliensepilogue.com

THe project is a little over a year in the making now since principal photography began. And about 6 months of pre-production prior to that. I thought it was about time to start promoting it a bit.

There should be enough info on there to answer a few questions, if anyone wants to ask anything else please feel free to do so and again all comments are welcome.

Cheers

Darren

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

What's the story behind it?

friendlyskies

I don't want to give too much away about the story line to be honest, it's only a 'short' film anyway  ;) but the main reason I decided on the final plot was to bridge the gap between Aliens and Alien3 if that gives you any clues

Cheers

Darren

Darwinsgirl

I'm looking forward to seeing the "Alien".   ;)

Is the Alien the same style/species from Aliens or based on another film or a new design?

Also the design of the patches with the bio weapons/triotech logo look great!

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Quote from: friendlyskies on May 22, 2009, 06:23:26 PM
I don't want to give too much away about the story line to be honest, it's only a 'short' film anyway  ;) but the main reason I decided on the final plot was to bridge the gap between Aliens and Alien3 if that gives you any clues

Cheers

Darren

That's good :)

friendlyskies

Quote from: Darwinsgirl on May 22, 2009, 07:14:32 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing the "Alien".   ;)

Is the Alien the same style/species from Aliens or based on another film or a new design?

Also the design of the patches with the bio weapons/triotech logo look great!

The Aliens will mostly be the same as the ones used in Aliens. The suits are fan owned so there is a bit of a mixture. At the moment we have 2 or possibly three of the most commonly available one based on the Aliens design.  We have an original Alien War suit. Another Aliens style one but with a few owner/sculptor created personalisations may be available. I have yet to actually film very much with the Aliens themselves. Most of their scenes are more complex to shoot and willl probably be the majority of what we film on the final shoot. I'm hoping that in total we should have about 7 or 8 suits available for the shots requiring multiple Aliens on camera at once.

The guy who designed the patches is a very talented chap and never ceases to amaze me with his willingness to put time and effort into some of the smaller details of the film but quite often I think that all those small details can add a lot more to a film than people tend to think.

Thanks for the comments.

Cheers

Darren

Purebreedalien

I love the Colonial Marines on the website 8)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I for one am really excited by project. This is the website for people interested - http://friendly-skies.co.uk/aliensepilogue/

It looks really good. Am very impressed with the use of helicopters for the dropship cockpit.

Darwinsgirl

^^^^^^

The link isn't working :'(

Corporal Hicks

Fixed.

Darwinsgirl

Thank you Corporal Hicks :)

friendlyskies

Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Thanks to my job, I come across alot of places/locations that I have been able to use for filming after building a professional relationship with the people that work there. I got a couple of odd looks when I asked about filming there though lol

The helicopters especially would never have happened if it weren't for my job. I'm glad that we have finally finished all the dropship cockpit scenes. I have cut them togeher roughly and used shots of the dropship from the film to see how the scenes play out and I'm very happy with it.

Mike Rush, has started building a CG 3D model of the new dropship and hopefully I've got someone on board now to do all the CG environments for it work in.

Will keep the site updated for those interested.

Thanks again

Darren

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

I noticed on your website you've got a new patch art for the dropship with a bull dog. Why did you decided on that and not the original bug stomper design?

Dachande

Dachande

Quote from: DoomRulz on Jun 04, 2009, 03:29:25 PM
I noticed on your website you've got a new patch art for the dropship with a bull dog. Why did you decided on that and not the original bug stomper design?

I'd imagine its probablt to signify a different squad from the one in Aliens. After all not all military squads will have the same badges and stuff...

DoomRulz

DoomRulz

Hm, I thought the symbol was universal.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed