Alien: Covenant will shoot in Oz - with twice as much Michael Fassbender

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 27, 2015, 10:23:08 AM

Author
Alien: Covenant will shoot in Oz - with twice as much Michael Fassbender (Read 32,689 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://www.sbs.com.au/movies/article/2015/11/27/ridley-scott-confirms-oz-shoot-alien-covenant-twice-much-michael-fassbender

QuoteScott said Alien: Covenant will pick up from the end of Prometheus, and see Fassbender playing two versions of his android character, David.

http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/movies/ridley-scott-hopes-to-shoot-three-new-alien-movies-in-sydney-20151127-gl93o1.htm

QuoteConfirming that Sydney would be the location for Alien: Covenant on Friday, Scott said it would follow on from 2012's Prometheus and would have Michael Fassbender returning as both android David and a doppelganger.

Michael Fassbender will play multiple Davids according to Sydney Morning Herald. Following on from the news of Ridley Scott's press conference in Australia, some Australian publications have picked up on a nugget that The Hollywood Reporter missed out on: Michael Fassbender will be playing his incarnation of David 8 from Prometheus and another David android:

"Confirming that Sydney would be the location for Alien: Covenant on Friday, Scott said it would follow on from 2012's Prometheus and would have Michael Fassbender returning as both android David and a doppelganger."

An article from SBS also reports that: "Scott said Alien: Covenant will pick up from the end of Prometheus, and see Fassbender playing two versions of his android character, David.

The possibility of Michael Fassbender portraying multiple David 8 androids was a rumour that was thrown around previously so this may lend some credit to those earlier reports. This will mark the first time that multiple versions of the same android are featured in one film (unless you believe Bishop 2 was an android!)

I think it would be quite easy to say that Michael Fassbender's performance in Prometheus was something a lot of viewers held as one of the more positive aspects of Ridley Scott's last foray into the world of Alien.

It was recently confirmed by 20th Century Fox that the storyline of Alien: Covenant would include David 8 in quite a big way: "Bound for a remote planet on the far side of the galaxy, the crew of the colony ship Covenant discovers what they think is an uncharted paradise, but is actually a dark, dangerous world — whose sole inhabitant is the "synthetic" David (Michael Fassbender), survivor of the doomed Prometheus expedition."

What do you think about Michael Fassbender playing multiple incarnations of David 8?

szkoki

thank God! it is what i was hoping for, Ridley seized the opportunity to give Fassy the lead role! and the more Fassbender is the better

oduodu

I wonder where David #2 will feature ? With the crew of the Covenant ?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: szkoki on Nov 27, 2015, 11:29:46 AM
and the more Fassbender is the better

Exactly my thinking! I love Fassbender and the more Fassbender the better.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Hmm I wonder if there's going to be an instance where the first David from Prometheus turns rouge for what ever reason, "he has his head reattached at some point" then there's a scruffle with the other David, the member of the crew seizes a gun to shoot the evil David but they're unable to tell apart which David is which.

If you ask me that sounds really dumb, kinda like the scene in Terminator Genisys where the T-1000 impersonate Kyle, it was a throw back to Terminator 2 when the T-1000 impersonated Sarah but John noted which was the real Sarah, it was a very brief instance. In Terminator Genisys there play the "Don't shoot me I'm real! He's the imposter!" "No I'm real! He's the Imposter! Shoot him!"

I've only ever seen this gimmick done in parodies, Termaintor Gneisys was one of the few time I've seen it attempted seriously.  :P I just hope this movie doesn't do a stupid move like that.

Whiskeybrewer

Goes to back to We are Legion for we are many

Corporal Hicks

Not quite. Close though. These reports talk specifically about 2 Davids rather than a whole team of them. It also talks about going back to LV233 rather than to Paradise. We'll see though.

Chris P

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 27, 2015, 03:16:31 PM
Not quite. Close though. These reports talk specifically about 2 Davids rather than a whole team of them. It also talks about going back to LV233 rather than to Paradise. We'll see though.

I think the term "multiple" was loose to begin with, I don't think anyone actually expected an army of Davids. But one or two other models? Absolutely. Going back to LV223 was also rumored and expected, the film will follow 3 main plot lines - one of which involve LV-223 and that system, while the other focuses on Paradise and one (I believe) focuses on a new event which sets things in motion eventually leading to the birth/creation of the original Xenomorph.

Perfect-Organism

Well we've had multiple Davids going all the way back to the original viral video which showed that these guys come on an assembly line, so it would make sense to see more of them.  But are they all going to be called David as the video implied?  Dunno...