Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License

Started by Nightmare Asylum, Jul 02, 2020, 03:23:45 PM

Author
Marvel Officially Acquires Alien and Predator Comic License (Read 73,529 times)

Vrastal

The vader comics are fairly good. So ill hold oit hope for some good alien/predator stuff to come id only be worried about language, blood and gore being tonned down too much

Nightmare Asylum

Hmmm, I wonder if maybe now Prometheus/Covenant elements might enter the comic space in a larger capacity. That would be nice.

I know this isn't going to be a popular opinion, but I'd be totally OK if whatever comic continuity they establish isn't movie continuity at all. Get the most out of this creative freedom in a new medium without worrying about things connecting, getting contradicted, etc. Just let writers and artists tell stories in their own space.

Hudson

Was there a downturn in quality of Star Wars comics when they switched to Marvel?

I'm pretty optimistic about this. I'm someone who thinks the Alien and Predator properties have been largely mishandled up to this point anyway, including by Dark Horse, regardless of how good some of the graphic novels have been. The recent Zula Hendricks/Amanda Ripley shenanigans were a total mess from a narrative standpoint. I'm fine starting with a clean slate.

D. Compton Ambrose

BlueMarsalis79

It's exactly like before some good some bad, only instead of everything being canon, nothing's canon.

MorningStar

I'm very happy that Marvel took over the Alien comics, Alien Universe will reborn soon, very thanks for Ridley Scott. I know "that thing" is coming soon. Dark Horse's Alien comics was almost always the garbages, I won't miss them. Fox and Dark Horse's AVPCU will burn to ash.

Nukiemorph

This makes me nervous.

Has Marvel even done any hard violent stuff since Disney bought them?

BlueMarsalis79

Nothing I'm aware of.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Not to mention that not all comics prior to this are so masterful.

Nightmare Asylum

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 02, 2020, 06:17:03 PM

To be honest, there's been much more bad than good.

Unpopular opinion, but of the limited stuff I've read, my favorite comic of Dark Horse's entire run has probably been Inhuman Condition.

Xenomrph

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Jul 02, 2020, 06:18:15 PM
Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jul 02, 2020, 06:17:03 PM

To be honest, there's been much more bad than good.

Unpopular opinion, but of the limited stuff I've read, my favorite comic of Dark Horse's entire run has probably been Inhuman Condition.
Have you read Labyrinth

PAS Spinelli

Quote from: Hudson on Jul 02, 2020, 06:07:06 PM
Was there a downturn in quality of Star Wars comics when they switched to Marvel?

I'm pretty optimistic about this. I'm someone who thinks the Alien and Predator properties have been largely mishandled up to this point anyway, including by Dark Horse, regardless of how good some of the graphic novels have been. The recent Zula Hendricks/Amanda Ripley shenanigans were a total mess from a narrative standpoint. I'm fine starting with a clean slate.
Some comics are great, some are okay, it's not like the old SW(and AvP for that matter too) comics were perfect, they were pretty messy at times, and some were really dumb, this applying to both SW and AvP, specially stuff like Aliens: Reapers and the like
Frankly, if this is leading to yet another EU reboot, I hope it only keeps the first 2 Aliens as canon(and Alien isolation of course, that game is a masterpiece), and all Pred movies(only keeping 2018 because it's fixed by Hunting Grounds)

DualBlade

;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

I'm loving this. I've always wanted to see these characters mix it with the Marvel pack.

Wolverine vs Predator

Daredevil vs Predator

Punisher vs Predator

X men vs Aliens

Avengers vs Aliens

Fantastic 4 vs Aliens

These 'One Offs' would be wicked .... OR are we to see a BIGGER picture from these properties? the MCU?? lol! To much for now, lets just bring out the comics and then we can get the movies started.

ELDERthePREDATOR

ELDERthePREDATOR

Sorry guys haven't got time to sign in, just a quick one, I'm truly gutted this has happened. What ever happened to fair competition? Disney just seem to be quite literally swallowing everything up now to the point its leaving rivals with scraps. That's not fair competition.

I feel really sorry for dark horse right now. I'd imagine they didn't have a choice over the takeover either considering Disney own the franchises and also own marvel. Poor guys, must feel like they have had their bread and butter stolen.

They have been the soul of the lore for a long time and added so much that we all take as gospel in terms of lore.

As for alien and predator now being a marvel comic I imagine the max label is the way to go. Although at this point I wouldn't put anything past marvel or Disney. I'm so worried about the direction both franchises are going in now. Who knows maybe they will make great films and comics, but I can guarantee the violence and profanity will be toned down to maximise its audience.

If this all becomes children friendly then I think I'll swallow and stop following the franchises for good  and accept that they are now dead. 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed