Grand Theft Auto V

Started by Space Sweeper, Mar 08, 2011, 12:43:41 AM

Author
Grand Theft Auto V (Read 223,968 times)

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Rumored Grand Theft Auto V details and cast leaked

I'll take this with a grain of salt, however. Rockstar almost always keeps stuff like this under-wraps pretty well. I hope it's true though, I really do.

I personally hope it keeps within the same realm as Grand Theft Auto IV, which got a bad rap from many for it's focus on the less-ridiculous (which actually caused me to love the series more), and the thing about friends phoning you for food/dates/bowling/darts-- whatever (which people never realized could be turned off by using the in-game phone's "sleep" mode...). As the article points out, the descriptions almost seem to fit a California (San Andreas) setting. San Andreas reimagined like what was done with Liberty City would be awesome.

Really hope this is legit, because I've really started caring about this franchise since GTA IV-- which was my favorite of all of them. It's about that time again in terms of the years between titles, too.

Also:

Take-Two Registers Potentially GTA V Related Domains

Next Grand Theft Auto overheard at GDC

First Blood

First Blood

I'll welcome another GTA. GTA IV/Lost and Damned/Gay Tony were all fun to play. I just hope they fix the f**king targeting system. Perhaps they can use RDR's targeting system. I wouldn't mind going back to San Andreas but I would prefer Vice City. That city was a blast.

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: First Blood on Mar 08, 2011, 02:48:56 AM
I'll welcome another GTA. GTA IV/Lost and Damned/Gay Tony were all fun to play.
Amen, and they were, really, the complete story. I like the fact that GTA IV really, in it's own right, was a trilogy.

I just hope they fix the f**king targeting system.
I never really had a problem with the targeting, but the often un-decisive cover mechanics did get me killed on occasion. At least both were better than the targeting systems in the previous games-- and having a cover system at all was a massive improvement on it's own.

I wouldn't mind going back to San Andreas but I would prefer Vice City. That city was a blast.
Either one, they'll probably do it in the modern era. If I went back to Vice City? I'd be spewing Dexter references. Dexter references all day.

Remonster

Remonster

I'll welcome another GTA. GTA IV/Lost and Damned/Gay Tony were all fun to play. I just hope they fix the f**king targeting system. Perhaps they can use RRR's targeting system. I wouldn't mind going back to San Andreas but I would prefer Vice City. That city was a blast.

RDR's targeting system is almost perfect.

severen76

severen76

I don't get the hate GTA IV; It had a brilliant story and characters.

Here's to hoping that they stay with the 'realistic' angle and don't take a step backwards and make it too cartoony. ...I suppose The Ballad of Gay Tony was a great compromise between the two styles that the series has had

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: severen76 on Mar 08, 2011, 03:02:46 AM

Here's to hoping that they stay with the 'realistic' angle and don't take a step backwards and make it too cartoony. ...I suppose The Ballad of Gay Tony was a great compromise between the two styles that the series has had
I want to hug you and slap you on the hiney right now.

First Blood

First Blood

Quote from: Remonster on Mar 08, 2011, 03:02:26 AM
I'll welcome another GTA. GTA IV/Lost and Damned/Gay Tony were all fun to play. I just hope they fix the f**king targeting system. Perhaps they can use RRR's targeting system. I wouldn't mind going back to San Andreas but I would prefer Vice City. That city was a blast.

RDR's targeting system is almost perfect.

It really was. It felt nice and tight. Giving the player great control over Marston in combat.

severen76

severen76

Quote from: Space Sweeper on Mar 08, 2011, 03:04:01 AM
Quote from: severen76 on Mar 08, 2011, 03:02:46 AM

I want to hug you and slap you on the hiney right now.

scarhunter92

scarhunter92

I'll welcome another GTA. GTA IV/Lost and Damned/Gay Tony were all fun to play. I just hope they fix the f**king targeting system. Perhaps they can use RDR's targeting system. I wouldn't mind going back to San Andreas but I would prefer Vice City. That city was a blast.

This.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YszOEYu_yA#

Huol

Huol

how about

no auto targeting

:O

Valaquen

Valaquen

Valaquen trivia: I worked in the old DMA Design office [who made GTA, before they became incorporated into Rockstar North]. Should clarify I worked in the office after DMA left it, but it was their old office :P

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

Surprisingly, my biggest quibble with IV was the default brightness level being way too dark. Had to crank that bad boy up a few notches before I could tell what the hell I was shooting at.

Or running over, for that matter.

Quote from: Huol on Mar 08, 2011, 01:21:58 PM
how about

no auto targeting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_RQFtDmVpQ#ws

Space Sweeper

Space Sweeper

Quote from: Huol on Mar 08, 2011, 01:21:58 PM
how about

no auto targeting

The power of the options menu is unstoppable!

Quote from: TJ Doc on Mar 08, 2011, 03:29:53 PM
Surprisingly, my biggest quibble with IV was the default brightness level being way too dark. Had to crank that bad boy up a few notches before I could tell what the hell I was shooting at.

Or running over, for that matter.
The problem would probably be your TV... the default brightness was always fine.

And they were probably just Venturas whores.

TJ Doc

TJ Doc

I'd never had a brightness problem with any other game before that though.  ???

Guess it's just me.

severen76

severen76

^ I had an issue with brightness during the night missions. Was driving around like Stevie Wonder.

I am running my xbox through a SCART cable into a SDTV though.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed