Set and props spotted at Pinewood, very "old school sci-fi"

Started by JaaayDee, Apr 01, 2011, 01:06:39 PM

Author
Set and props spotted at Pinewood, very "old school sci-fi" (Read 15,961 times)

Vulhala

Quote from: Valaquen on Apr 03, 2011, 04:43:20 PM
Funny how everyone bar Ridley is calling it an Alien film :D

I know, and I love it  ;D

wmmvrrvrrmm

Quote from: AvPvTerminator on Apr 04, 2011, 01:04:54 AM
Ok, this is sweet, and the fact the source is the visual effects artist means that they probably knows what they're talking about. Sweeeeeet.

Let's hope so

dandan

Quote from: wmmvrrvrrmm on Apr 04, 2011, 11:56:14 AM
Quote from: AvPvTerminator on Apr 04, 2011, 01:04:54 AM
Ok, this is sweet, and the fact the source is the visual effects artist means that they probably knows what they're talking about. Sweeeeeet.

yeah thats sweet dude but wheres the proof thats hes infact a visual effects artist for the film? sorry to brake it  to ya mate but i dnt believe anything till i see proof.

ThisBethesdaSea

It's one thing to have a healthy dose of skepticism, quite another to doubt every last f**king thing. It gets old. By this time, I think we all know that this film is indeed an alien prequel. People who believe otherwise are choosing to for whatever reason.

AliceApocalypse

Old School Sci Fi...Giger...awesome!

SM

Why do words like "gritty" and "back to the roots" leap to mind....?

SiL

Gritty hardcore back to the roots.

Still reckon my tagline for AvPR should've been used; So HARDCORE you'll go IMPOTENT, or your money back!

locusta

Quote from: SiL on Apr 04, 2011, 11:04:57 PM
Gritty hardcore back to the roots.

Still reckon my tagline for AvPR should've been used; So HARDCORE you'll go IMPOTENT, or your money back!

Well, at least it made TWO guys impotent....

Berserker Pred

it will be nice to see the film go back to its roots and be a eery horror with small corridoors full of steam which make it imposible to see through, that was one on the creepiest things about the 1st film, not knowing where it was

ThisBethesdaSea

What I hope Prometheus DOESN'T do is offer up the same old scenario...scared people running through unknown corridors.

Berserker Pred

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Apr 06, 2011, 04:53:33 PM
What I hope Prometheus DOESN'T do is offer up the same old scenario...scared people running through unknown corridors.
did you like the original alien?

Circadian

Quote from: Berserker Pred on Apr 06, 2011, 05:00:21 PM
Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Apr 06, 2011, 04:53:33 PM
did you like the original alien?

Dude, he is saying that he merely doesn't want a rehash of the first Alien film. I'm sure what he wants, as do I, is a science fiction masterpiece that is on par with the creativity, brilliance, atmosphere, and pacing of the first film.

How does it follow that because someone likes the first film they want another film exactly like it? Failed logic.

ThisBethesdaSea

For sure Circadian.

The 'running from point A to point B worked brilliantly in ALIEN & Aliens, and by the time Alien Resurrection rolled around, it was like every plot device and/or element from the first 2 films was reused to try and construct another film. Obviously it worked well...heheheh  [ALIEN3 I have always thought to be a masterwork, with a couple of glaring issues, namely, the awful blue screen work]

No more Aliens running loose in spaceships...nope, no thanks...tired. I would much rather this new crew get lost in the catacombs of the Derelict, something COMPLETELY different, stumbling upon a Space Jockey version of the alien creature, and a pursuit start from there.

My only hope for Prometheus is that it recaptures the tone of ALIEN...somber, serious, hollow, empty, alone. ALIEN3 did a good job of that, if not ultimately tragic [which is why i love the film].

SiL

Quote from: ThisBethesdaSea on Apr 06, 2011, 09:32:08 PM
No more Aliens running loose in spaceships...nope, no thanks...tired. I would much rather this new crew get lost in the catacombs of the Derelict, something COMPLETELY different, stumbling upon a Space Jockey version of the alien creature, and a pursuit start from there.
So ... replace human corridors for Jockey corridors, and the fact it's still just people running around corridors stops being an issue? ???

Vulhala

Yes because they won't be in space. Much more acceptable :laugh:

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed