Dark Horse Announces New Comic Series, Alien: The Original Screenplay!

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jan 16, 2020, 08:06:38 PM

Author
Dark Horse Announces New Comic Series, Alien: The Original Screenplay! (Read 89,220 times)

Russ840

Super excited for this. Loving the cover.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Prez on Jan 17, 2020, 12:52:22 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 17, 2020, 12:24:44 AM
I'm expecting either Ron Cobb's creature design or one of Giger's earlier concepts.

Hopefully Cobb's. Curious which design style they take given the radical change that Giger brought in.

The pyramid temple hopefully make an appearance.

The pyramid as a work of a culture separated from Space Jockeys? Yes please.  8)

Since the panel sequence seems to have some Gigerish look, I guess they're going to make the best blend of both worlds. In fact I wonder what Derelict is going to look like. They're not required to follow any particular design, but I just wonder...

KiramidHead

They could probably do the one Giler and Hill draft if they wanted to. I can picture the "Have you slept with Ash, Lambert?" scene already. :laugh:

Xiggz456

I'm certainly intrigued! But I'm not surprised that they're adapting more scripts as the Gibson A3 comics nearly sold twice as much as any of the other Aliens comics released last year. Very cool news nonetheless!

Vrastal

I will check it out for sure. But the alternate versions of things dont appeal to me all that much. The art looks fantastic though. Id like to see a series with aliens and something that is inspires fear and dread. Some scenes from the outbreak trilogy nailed it really well i think. A lot of the new comics feel to promethous and not alien(s).

SM

SM

Quote from: Prez on Jan 17, 2020, 12:52:22 AM
Quote from: Local Trouble on Jan 17, 2020, 12:24:44 AM
I'm expecting either Ron Cobb's creature design or one of Giger's earlier concepts.

Hopefully Cobb's. Curious which design style they take given the radical change that Giger brought in.

The pyramid temple hopefully make an appearance.

It looks like a 1976 draft so it should be.  I like that they made Roby a black woman (assuming it's not Hunter).  I never would've picked that despite the 'unisex crew' script note.

Local Trouble

Did Ron Cobb ever design the spores or facehugger?

SM

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

This is pretty cool, this gives me hope that they'll tackle more alternate scripts and things like that.

Quote from: SM on Jan 17, 2020, 03:27:47 AM
https://monsterlegacy.files.wordpress.com/2015/01/facehuggercobb.jpg?w=422&h=&zoom=2
Reminds me of the creature from 'Life'. I wonder if they used that as an inspiration?

Richman678

They need to do that Star Trek TNG/Alien story. I was really interested in that one!

Baron Von Marlon

Might buy it but I'm not a fan of the drawing style they used.
Would've preferred something more old school and less flashy.

Sad O' Bannon isn't around anymore to see this.

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 17, 2020, 03:29:20 AM
This is pretty cool, this gives me hope that they'll tackle more alternate scripts and things like that.

Indeed.

HuDaFuK

Well this is a surprise! I've never actually read any of the early Alien drafts (except the odd excerpts in the LaserDisc archives).

Others have said it, but that cover art is amazing.

P1NK8C1DBOOTS

AMAZING!!! Really excited for this! I've recently only just gotten into all the comic books and loving them! This will be a great addition 👍👍👍

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Immortan Jonesy on Jan 17, 2020, 06:01:18 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Jan 17, 2020, 03:29:20 AM

Indeed.

Ideally I'd like to see all of them. Even the bad ones like Eric Red's, but I fear some of the reception Gibson's got might turn them off doing the not so polished stories.

I'd also love them do some random pitches or scripts that we might have never even heard of.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed