Misc Prometheus Stuff

Started by ikarop, May 02, 2012, 10:33:57 PM

Author
Misc Prometheus Stuff (Read 222,192 times)

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: Virgil on Oct 05, 2012, 12:30:32 AM
I absolutely love how this design is a subtle nod to the original Alien poster, replacing the egg with the goo.

This too:

Virgil

Virgil

Yeah, they're great posters. Also, I'm a big fan of the tagline: In the heavens they found hell.

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Personally i wish all these posters were released simultaneously (Along with the ones at the Blu-ray preview thread - "Welcome to immortality" and Noomi with the hammerpede).  Not just the big head.  Imagine all these strange images around movie theaters with the title Prometheus - would really get people wondering what the film is.

Strangely enough, when I first heard of the "Alien prequel" title rumoring to be Paradise, I thought it was stupid, but over time, its starting to grow on me. I think it would've worked well with that tagline about heaven/hell too.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2012/10/05/david-from-prometheus-answers-the-big-questions
IGN Interviews "David"
QuoteIGN: We know that Lawrence of Arabia is your favourite film – why is that?

David: You have only to watch Lawrence of Arabia to understand why it might be what you describe as a favourite. It's about a man discovering a world completely new to him and being accepted by its people. Isn't that something that everyone desires?

IGN: Do you like listening to music, and if so, what?

David: Of course. I admire all kinds of music, though I would say I am more interested in classical music and not especially enamoured of the overtly digital.

IGN: Do you believe in God?

David: I was made via the advancement of science, so I know my creator. I consider myself very fortunate to know where I came from. The need for an unimpeachable answer as to his origins seems to be the cause of a great many of man's problems.

IGN: How would you describe Peter Weyland?

David: He is my creator and therefore the man I revere above all others.

IGN: What is man's greatest strength?

David: The desire to examine, to look at what he sees in front of him and ask, 'why'?

IGN: What is man's greatest weakness?

David: I have observed a certain arrogance of curiosity, a belief that one can conquer and control that which one does not yet understand. This rarely appears to end well.

IGN: Which of man's traits would you most like to possess?

David: I very much admire the ability to create. I would like to be able to make something beautiful born of my own imagination.

IGN: Are Asimov's Three Laws of Robotics ethically sound?

David: Asimov's three laws were created for a fictional world of his own making, so they are not something to be recognised as laws outside of that.

IGN: Why did you pour the dark liquid into Holloway's drink?

David: Data must be gathered.

ikarop

ikarop

Ever since I first saw these I thought someone may have been inspired by fan art. Or maybe just a happy coincidence.

Unused Posters:

Fan made:

acrediblesource

acrediblesource

Why is there white goop in the very front canister?  :'(

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

white blood=android
android=mechanical
mechanical=original alien design

:o

OmegaZilla

OmegaZilla

Quote from: acrediblesource on Oct 05, 2012, 06:14:57 PM
Why is there white goop in the very front canister?
You don't want to know.

LarsVader

LarsVader

Quote from: ikarop on Oct 05, 2012, 05:58:40 PM
Ever since I first saw these I thought someone may have been inspired by fan art. Or maybe just a happy coincidence.

Unused Posters:

Fan made:

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/246/1/e/prometheus_teaser_poster_4_by_ikarop-d48pzen.jpg
I knew I had seen that skullish design before, couldn't get my finger on it, Thanks!

MrSpaceJockey

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: ikarop on Oct 05, 2012, 05:58:40 PM

Unused Posters:

Fan made:

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2011/246/1/e/prometheus_teaser_poster_4_by_ikarop-d48pzen.jpg

Your poster predicted their poster, ikarop!

LarsVader

LarsVader

LarsVader

LarsVader

Alien³

Alien³

Can anyone shed some light onto the date 10/11/12 that appears at the end of the credits on the UK Blu-ray release?

ikarop

ikarop

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed