YES
3 (5.9%)
NO
45 (88.2%)
MIXED FEELINGS
3 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 51

Author
Alien isolation SHIT??? watch this (Read 13,222 times)

426Buddy

I understand peoples love for avp2 but my heart forever belongs to avp99. ;)

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: 426Buddy on Oct 01, 2016, 02:40:21 PM
me and you in a lonely world

chainsawsquirrel

Quote from: Nostromo on Oct 01, 2016, 09:52:00 AM
Why not just show up with a chainsaw and a squirrel instead?
They don't deserve the privilege of seeing that actually happen.

XenoZipper

Quote from: 426Buddy on Oct 01, 2016, 02:06:49 PM
Alien isolation is the best thing to happen to this series since the 80's.

The game is excellent.

I'm agreeing the atmosphere and story to the game are good but I hate the gameplay itself. I still feel uncomfortable with the whole "hold L2 to bring out your weapon, R2 to fire". I'm so used to games that do it the other way around with the 1's instead so I find myself fumbling the controls very often constantly trying to do it the way I'm used to. I know I'm in the minority that doesn't dig the game much though.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Oct 01, 2016, 02:55:11 PM

I'm thinking one of the reasons is because AvP Classic 2000 shared similarities with the movies whereas AvP2 strayed in a completely different direction. Not sure if true but just sayin'.

EDIT:

Quote from: Nostromo on Oct 01, 2016, 02:18:01 PM
Quote from: 426Buddy on Oct 01, 2016, 02:06:49 PM
Alien isolation is the best thing to happen to this series since the 80's.

The game is excellent.

Exactly that.^ I would also like to add the single player campaigns of Avp2 and every map even the player made ones.

:-*

Nukiemorph

I disagree that the alien wasn't modeled or animated well.  I think it looks great.
I disagree that it isn't scary anymore because you can see it.  The game makes the alien's presence nerve-wracking and I think they're ruining the game for themselves by being A.I. snobs.

I agree that the whole game becomes a tedious door opening, button-pushing fest.
I'm annoyed that I feel like I spend the majority of my time playing the game just sitting and waiting in lockers.

I love the atmosphere and nostalgia, and SO FAR, I like the story, but I'm only about a third of the way through and I stopped their review at the spoiler section.

windebieste

They're very different games.  'AvP' was a great game for it's day and still very playable.  'AvP2' was moddable in ways that no other game in this series has ever come close to.  'ALIEN: Isolation' fully put the player into a situation where it was you vs the Alien in a cat mouse oriented game.  When it was at it best not only was it as nerve wracking as f**k but did so better than any other game - 'ALIEN' or otherwise.  All these games have their moments.

I felt 'AvP 2010' was a little bland and lacked inspiration.  I haven't finished it.

'A:CM' was a terrible, terrible game.  It lacked all the strengths of every 'ALIEN' game before or since.

-Windebieste.

NeoXenoPred

I haven't watched the video, but Alien Isolation probably was the best Alien game for this time. I agree with Windebieste that AvP 2010 looked bland and ACM was terrible, especially the AI which made the Xenomorphs as idiot zombies replacement. Alien Isolation changed our perspective about the Alien. At the first time for non Alien fans or Aliens fans, you though that you could kill it, but you were wrong. It was unkillable and it was very clever. This game always give me terror at the first time, especially the Alien always learn from its encounter with you.

Nukiemorph

God... Rich Evans is the worst.  He's best viewed when he's surrounded by the rest of the Red Letter Media crew and being mocked.

Russ840

Russ840

I am with you guys.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Russ840 on Aug 08, 2017, 05:00:00 PM

I am with you guys.
That makes a team ;)

Mr. Clemens

I also preferred '99. 2 was great n' all, but the look was just a little too cartoony for my taste.

newbeing

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Aug 08, 2017, 08:44:16 PM
I also preferred '99. 2 was great n' all, but the look was just a little too cartoony for my taste.

I love them both for different reasons. I loved the gritty realism of the first. It is just dripping with the atmosphere of the two movies, and no game yet has made you really feel like you're the alien like AvP 99 did. I love the second because it has a great singleplayer, and because of it's more stylized graphics holds up really well years later. They're both so great.

As for previously recorded I agree with them most of the time, but here I just think it's more a matter of taste. They don't seem to interested in horror games that are very slowly paced, which to be fair A:I is. Can't say I agree with their feelings on the game, but I'm also a fan of slow burn horror and stealth games where you can just shoot all your problems away.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: newbeing on Aug 20, 2017, 12:05:22 AM
and no game yet has made you really feel like you're the alien like AvP 99 did.

This ten-thousand times. I remember playing it for the first time as Alien; clinging to the dark unseen while marines panicked as you picked them off. Man, it was so great. Such a shame AvP2 stripped the Alien of its gameplay.

Inverse Effect

AVP2010 and Alien Isolation are the best two Licence games we've gotten for the series in some 6 years lol

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed