EGX Rezzed 2014 Thread

Started by ikarop, Jan 28, 2014, 11:40:26 AM

Author
EGX Rezzed 2014 Thread (Read 22,188 times)

ikarop

ikarop

The full game presentation: http://www.twitch.tv/egx/b/515315726

And the Fear and horror in games presentation: http://www.twitch.tv/egx/c/3972893

SuicideDoors

SuicideDoors

Finally got my hands on it this afternoon. I just can't get over how A-Grade this game is.

There's a little cut sequence for the Alien's reveal, and it stands aside the Jonesy/Brett sequence in the original as the best thing ever. Never enthusiastically grinned with delight so hard before whilst also shitting myself.

It's little wander Creative Assembly feel so confident to preview it hands on to the public 6 months in advance of release; they're clearly on to a winner.

BTW, I played through the PS4 and Xb1 versions, and the PS4 version is far superior (somehow)

Predatorium

Predatorium

Quote from: SuicideDoors on Mar 30, 2014, 06:21:36 PM
Finally got my hands on it this afternoon. I just can't get over how A-Grade this game is.

There's a little cut sequence for the Alien's reveal, and it stands aside the Jonesy/Brett sequence in the original as the best thing ever. Never enthusiastically grinned with delight so hard before whilst also shitting myself.

It's little wander Creative Assembly feel so confident to preview it hands on to the public 6 months in advance of release; they're clearly on to a winner.

BTW, I played through the PS4 and Xb1 versions, and the PS4 version is far superior (somehow)

Awesome to hear! Can you be a bit more specific about how the ps4 version is better than xb1?

Did anyone compare ps4 and PC btw?

SuicideDoors

SuicideDoors

Quote from: Predatorium on Mar 30, 2014, 06:59:47 PM

Awesome to hear! Can you be a bit more specific about how the ps4 version is better than xb1?

Of course, and my mate wholeheartedly agreed; The XB1 version's frame rate stuttered in comparison to the PS4's ultra smoothness, and it was also noticeably more grainy and lower resolution. It was also an effort keeping the motion tracker up because of the right shoulder bumper on the XB1 pad, it feels like it's designed for a quick click not to be held down effortlessly.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

One of the guys I took with me wrote a preview up for the official board -

http://forums.alienisolation.com/forum/main-category/main-forum/8796-my-time-with-alien-isolation

I've not got anything new to add unfortunately. I don't see us really getting terribly much before release, because they don't seem to want to spoil anything.

Predatorium

Predatorium

Quote from: SuicideDoors on Mar 30, 2014, 07:42:39 PM
Quote from: Predatorium on Mar 30, 2014, 06:59:47 PM

Of course, and my mate wholeheartedly agreed; The XB1 version's frame rate stuttered in comparison to the PS4's ultra smoothness, and it was also noticeably more grainy and lower resolution. It was also an effort keeping the motion tracker up because of the right shoulder bumper on the XB1 pad, it feels like it's designed for a quick click not to be held down effortlessly.

Thanks for the info! It'd be interesting to see how the PC version is compared to ps4.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Not sure how to feel about your reviews, considering that one site ragged on their experience with the game. Maybe they were too harsh.

Expectations are so low for this game, IMO, that they should be able to achieve a 7-8 out of 10 if they try.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

newbeing

newbeing

Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Mar 31, 2014, 07:36:29 PM
Quote from: ikarop on Mar 31, 2014, 05:17:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVwx6KbNBeA#ws

http://theboar.org/2014/03/31/egx-rezzed-alien-isolation-preview/#.Uzmg2FeJsmE

Okay, that helps me sleep better at night.

6 months to make any changes and enhancements. Is that enough time?

If they haven't got their stuff together after 3 years even another 12 months wouldn't help much.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: newbeing on Apr 01, 2014, 05:02:32 AM
Quote from: PRI. HUDSON on Mar 31, 2014, 07:36:29 PM
Quote from: ikarop on Mar 31, 2014, 05:17:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVwx6KbNBeA#ws

http://theboar.org/2014/03/31/egx-rezzed-alien-isolation-preview/#.Uzmg2FeJsmE

Okay, that helps me sleep better at night.

6 months to make any changes and enhancements. Is that enough time?

If they haven't got their stuff together after 3 years even another 12 months wouldn't help much.

True. Interesting that all those people liked it and that one website thrashed it.

Hope this is a good game. If not, SEGA gives up the license and a real publisher buys it, then gives it to a real developer.

Ash 937

Ash 937

Any word on how the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of Alien: Isolation perform? Were they playable?

gabgrave

gabgrave

Was the PC platform present? Or only the console ones? I'm thinking of getting a PS4 for various games, and am wondering if I should pick up a copy of AI for the PC or PS4 first, then getting the other later on discount. I like experiencing both gaming worlds as the analog immersion is different using different input devices.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think it was PS4, Xbox-One and PC. The queue for PC was the longest. And it looked so pretty.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed