Flaws of Isolation

Started by Kradan, Mar 20, 2019, 03:05:09 PM

Author
Flaws of Isolation (Read 29,571 times)

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: TC on Jan 26, 2022, 03:06:22 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jan 11, 2022, 01:16:56 PM
Thinking back, my favorite moment was from playing one of the expansion packs as Ripley (Crew Expendable I think) and Lambert is guiding me through the ducts and her panicking made me panic. At that moment I was like Ohhh yeaaaaah, that's the feeling I'm looking for! So good.

Me too.

Imagine Crew Expendable but with NPCs (Lambert, Dallas, Ash etc) that you could really interact with--converse, coordinate attacks, give instructions too, etc. As it is, the other characters are kept at arms length in fully scripted (and very brief) "walk ons". If CA had lopped off half the length of the main game and poured that savings in time and effort into Crew Expendable instead, that would have been my ideal game.

TC

razeak

razeak

It was a bit too long, and should have had the ability to clamber over obstacles, but I don't have any real complaints. The genre dictates certain approaches to strategy and tactics. It's not meant to be an action game, even if it uses action elements. I wouldn't complain that Doom makes me shoot too much. The length with the style of gameplay given is an issue though.

9/10

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

That is a fair point.

But I don't buy outlast style games.

Alien Isolation wouldn't have been bought had it not had Alien in the title.

After beating it I have never completed it again because of the style of gameplay.  Now if I have a hankering to give it a shot I just watch highlights on youtube. 

razeak

razeak

Yeah, as much as I love it, I haven't done a second full playthrough. I screwed around with the VR mod and my heart literally couldn't take it haha

judge death

judge death

Is now on my fourth playthrough :D

Kradan

Kradan

Crazy Rich

Crazy Rich

I've played it lots, twice I beat it on hard and twice I beat it without ever dying because I did it first on Xbox One then did it again on PC.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I still need to attempt that one. I've replayed the game 3 or 4 times. f**king love this game.

Russ840

Russ840

I adore the game and Platinum'ed it on PS4 when I good it way back when.

But something must be said for the fact that I have never been back to it. Not sure why.

I replay AvP 1999 at least year (which still scares me). I know they are very different.

I would rank Isolation up there as a favourite.

Maybe it is just a demanding game. 

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Russ840 on Feb 26, 2022, 06:57:00 AM
Maybe it is just a demanding game. 

For sure. I always say it's one of those games you sit down for 2 or 3 days and immerse yourself in, start to finish. Not bitting and bobbing Isolation. With Classic you can spend 20 minutes on one of the missions, and come back to the next one again later when you've got another 20 minutes. I don't think you can do that with Isolation and still appreciate/enjoy it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed