Fan Reviews

Started by ikarop, Sep 27, 2014, 12:50:11 AM

Author
Fan Reviews (Read 110,603 times)

Thatguy2068

Thatguy2068

Man I really do love this game, I think it has a great story to the original film and it has the gameplay that is perfect for this game, I really do wish that this game would've have better sales

tralaritralara

tralaritralara

The fall of Hadley's Hope would make for a perfect sequel to Isolation, and could be a very very long game again too, which is great.

Btw, looks like somebody thought likewise:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v215KSbeuBU

Shinawi

Shinawi

This game still looks good and scares people 8 years later.

Still Collating...

Still Collating...

I adore this game, believe it's the best Alien game to date, especially modded, but besides Stompy having their footsteps be too loud, I also find another thing unfortunate. I love the fear and mood it creates, but neither in the movies, nor realistically would anyone be able to hide from the Aliens. You can't do that from most predators cause of their sense of smell, so I'm certain you wouldn't be able to from an Alien, not for long, that's why you have to be on the move constantly. I always preferred the interpretation "you can run, but you can't hide".

After seeing this video, I especially got reminded of that. Spoilers, almost impossible to escape:

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Finally bought a PS5. Now I'm playing Isolation on it... Best. Alien. Game. Ever.

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

@Corporal Hicks Ten year anniversary is coming up isn't it? Thinking of putting together a retrospective? I'd be totally into that.

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Ohhh man... Ten years..

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Mar 14, 2024, 01:35:14 AM@Corporal Hicks Ten year anniversary is coming up isn't it? Thinking of putting together a retrospective? I'd be totally into that.

We are indeed :)

xShadowFoxX

xShadowFoxX

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 14, 2024, 06:27:12 AM
Quote from: xShadowFoxX on Mar 14, 2024, 01:35:14 AM@Corporal Hicks Ten year anniversary is coming up isn't it? Thinking of putting together a retrospective? I'd be totally into that.

We are indeed :)
Woo!

Space_Dementia

Space_Dementia

I reviewed this game a while ago over on my channel. LOVED this game so much! I just found exploring a story through the eyes of Ellen Ripley's daughter really compelling and the game is such a stressful experience (in a good way) it does everything I want an Alien game to do. Alien 79 scared the life out of me as a kid, Isolation terrified me as an adult.

Side note, the inner fan/geek is hoping for a nod/reference to Amanda Ripley in Romulus, considering how close the timeframes align.

The Cruentus

The Cruentus

Isolation takes place 15 years or so after Alien, so Romulas would only be 5 years later if it is indeed 20 years after Alien/

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed