Captured Predator on Display At CineEurope

Started by ace3g, Jun 13, 2018, 12:48:41 AM

Author
Captured Predator on Display At CineEurope (Read 49,203 times)

azamultic

Also I am happy they not using any predator shoes, first movie used some type of sadels and it was cool, second one used nothing, but damn AVP, and Predators went full SHOE thing))))

Xerxész

I have to say, I like it (wouldn't had said that earlier).
I also prefer the tribal looking armor and yes, this is some kind of superhero armor but...I like it. :)

azamultic

I am sure it's captured armor, the statue just doesn't look like the props in the movie, but desing is there, helmet, chest armor, gauntlets. It's just has less quality painting, material feel and i think less details then the movie one.

Corporal Hicks

Looks quite militaristic to me - more armour. It's not a casual suit, it's not half a uniform to go hunting with, but armoured to go and deal with a f**king big problem. I like the bigger coverage of the body. I continue to dig the mix with the gold.

Johnny Handsome

Not a massive fan of lots of armour, as i quite like the insectoid/lizard features of the Predator body. But they managed to have lots of armour and keep it sleek and elegant looking, which is cool.

If the AvP Predators looked anything like this, i would have been very pleased.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

Perhaps that is the armor of a military service in Predator culture. Heck, I wonder if Predators have more than one culture in their society. We are famous for making entire alien species one dimensional. They could be thinking about making the first predator's poachers and this new class are the game wardens. Hence there more formal attire vs rugged outdoors man.

HuDaFuK

I still really love the design of the mask. Less keen on the body suit. As others have said, it looks like something out of a superhero movie, which isn't really a look I'd want in a Predator movie. It's not awful, but I don't love it.

Also whiterabbit's right, it definitely looks like it's wearing a bra :laugh:

ELDERCLANLEADER

ELDERCLANLEADER

Not going to lie folks , after coming full circle and defending the film during the heat of the backlash ,  this has knocked my confidence a bit , that design is dam right ugly to me , it's far too removed from winstons designs. It just looks  plain and boring. Not alien enough , for me , the originals were something of a work of art, everything gelled and just looked right.  And this isn't it unfortunately. Even the  AVPs and super predators still kept in line with the originals . It feels like something neca would of come up with, I feel very let down now we have a proper look at the design.  >:(

I do like the helmet , but the armour looks terrible.

Never say no to Panda!

I'd like to see graffiti and personal mods. Hell, just give one Hick's armor vest, time to bring up some cross-over stuff :D

Xan21

Looks atrocious .. press the self destruct buttons lady!

Brzrkr

Really happy with the design. Looks very intimidating.

Shaman Predator

Nothing tribal or anything that says hunter about the look of this Predator.  No bones or trophies, looks like its female. Not feeling it or into the look....I want the of the past movies P1, P2, And Predators

Master

Aside from mask it dosent look very predator. I don't see preassure cables either,  oh well I guess he'll put mask on and off like in Ps. Shame cause I love those little things that made the creature so believable in first place.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Master on Jun 13, 2018, 10:22:15 AM
Aside from mask it dosent look very predator. I don't see preassure cables either,  oh well I guess he'll put mask on and off like in Ps. Shame cause I love those little things that made the creature so believable in first place.
While i agree that those little details add to the believability, it's been a while since they last visited. Look at our tech today, stuff that was sci-fi yesterday is reality today.

I like to think that they advance as well, and even much faster = less cables, for example. That's the whole point of this movie "you think you know the Predator? Well guess what, they moved on".

And after the 6th movie, i think that's totally ok.

Also note: This statue is not screen accurate, it's a fun marketing gimmick for a cool selfie and that's it.

Petr Švancara

Petr Švancara

ELDERCLANLEADER - Oh man, so finally you wake up a little bit, lol. Because this new design is just ugly and boring as you said, at least I truly hope that all that Yellow parts will not be in the movie, that Yellow color made him looking like some sort of sport racer or something, Jesus Christ. . how much I hate that! So, Yellow color after all? This design is both mechanical and futuristic to me, its just a couple of bland metal pieces connected together, no little details here, no scars or visible damage as some sort of various scratches etc. No little skulls, bones or smaller attachments. I can understand that these Predators belong to a different clan, so they can of course look different, I get that. But on the other hand, it really looks empty, something is just missing here. Stan Winston Predators was the best, I have entire Clan of Predator figures from P2, I look on them right now. If you try to compare these two designs (old and new) its like going from top to the ground. I have hard feel that previous Predators was more Predators than these new Predators, now they are more like "cyborgs" if you know what I mean by that. Just remind yourself the Battle Armored Predator figure from NECA, it has very, very similar design, and I have some respect for it, but its not my cup of tea, you know. And now when I look at all these Yellow parts, I have to admit that I want to puke! its ugly af. Nothing against the movie itself, but this is just too much for me.  :-X

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed