Why do people want to connect Blade Runner and Alien?

Started by yhe1, Feb 08, 2019, 09:56:06 AM

Author
Why do people want to connect Blade Runner and Alien? (Read 4,428 times)

yhe1

Having watched both Blade runner and 2049, I find the replicants very different from the android in Aliens. And there is no "Ultimate hunter vs Ultimate prey" or Starcraft like aspect of AVP.

So why do some people want Blade runner connected to Alien?

P-Rock

They do?

The only movie that's connected to Blade Runner is Soldier.

SM

People have been connecting Alien and Blade Runner since Blade Runner came out.  Because it's cool connecting different movies in single universe.

They don't of course - but that's by the by.

Voodoo Magic

Old One, you're up!

Rankles75

I love both series', but I've never had any interest in a shared universe between them.

Huggs

Two halves of the same bio-mechanical heart.

The Old One

The Old One

Quote from: yhe1 on Feb 08, 2019, 09:56:06 AM
Having watched both Blade runner and 2049, I find the replicants very different from the android in Aliens. And there is no "Ultimate hunter vs Ultimate prey" or Starcraft like aspect of AVP.

You answered your own question.

irn

Quote from: yhe1 on Feb 08, 2019, 09:56:06 AM

It stems from the easter egg links such as the Nostromo parts seen in Blade Runner, the mention of Dallas having worked for the Tyrell Corp. in the past in Aliens (see below) and the thing about Weyland competing with Tyrell in the the Prometheus extras.

Ingwar

Personally I don't know anyone who wants the connection of Blade Runner and Alien universes.

Local Trouble

Oh, they're out there.  Some are even closer than you think...

Ingwar

Probably yes, but I still don't know them personally. You one of them? :)

SiL

The Old One is.

Ingwar

Fair enough but it still doesn't change the fact that those movies ain't happen in the same universe.

The Old One

The Old One

Spiritual connection. (:

Ingwar

Ingwar

The main connection they have is their director, Ridley Scott :) Hence spiritual connection. And there is another mutual element: both are retro but it's related to the period they were made in. End of 70's and early 80's.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed