Prometheus video game

Started by Mala'kak, May 24, 2020, 02:55:13 PM

Author
Prometheus video game (Read 2,028 times)

Mala'kak

Mala'kak

Do you think they should have done a game?

Playing as the engineers would have been awesome.

Or if you could pilot the Prometheus ship  :D

Kradan

Kradan

I have one word for you:

Scorn

Dingbat

Dingbat

I've seen a trailer a while back, it looks quite nice but it makes me wonder, what weapons did the engineers have? Would theirs be more medieval or sci fi? Or a mix of both?

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jan 25, 2016, 03:23:06 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 20, 2016, 10:44:52 PM
If the upcoming films expand the universe with cool creatures, and the films are acclaimed by critics, then I would expect that we will get a video game that covers some of the new material.

Prometheus actually had potential for some pretty cool mini-games:

- torch your fellow crew mates before they turn into space zombies.
- run away from the rolling Juggernaut of Doom before you get squished. (you can only run straight ahead in this level)
- help guide Fifield through a maze inside the pyramid. (he'll still get lost no matter what you do)
- play as a hired merc and destroy any space zombies that get aboard the ship (you can resurrect yourself as many times as you wish)
- play as David and create new alien creatures by experimenting on your fellow crew mates.

Mala'kak

Mala'kak

Quote from: Dingbat on May 24, 2020, 03:42:26 PM
I've seen a trailer a while back, it looks quite nice but it makes me wonder, what weapons did the engineers have? Would theirs be more medieval or sci fi? Or a mix of both?

What trailer?!

I recon they would look medieval but would be ridiculously powerful 

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on May 24, 2020, 05:15:24 PM
If the upcoming films expand the universe with cool creatures, and the films are acclaimed by critics, then I would expect that we will get a video game that covers some of the new material.

- run away from the rolling Juggernaut of Doom before you get squished. (you can only run straight ahead in this level)
- help guide Fifield through a maze inside the pyramid. (he'll still get lost no matter what you do)
- play as a hired merc and destroy any space zombies that get aboard the ship (you can resurrect yourself as many times as you wish)
- play as David and create new alien creatures by experimenting on your fellow crew mates.

Some interesting ideas. Would love a game like this

Evanus

Evanus

I'd love a Prometheus/Covenant inspired game. Imagine a game where you play as an engineer during the black goo outbreak on LV-223. Or even Planet 4. Could even have David play a role if it's set on Planet 4.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

I don't think playing as the Engineers (or even David)would be the way to go. An exploration/survival horror where you play as humans sounds tame by comparison, but it's the only way I can see it working without either adding a ton of cringey shit or being one person/teams vision that would proceed to be hotly and obnoxiously debated for years.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Kradan on May 24, 2020, 02:56:21 PM
I have one word for you:

Scorn

Bingo!

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on May 24, 2020, 05:15:24 PM

How about a survival horror game that takes place in a Engineer planet which is going through a terraforming process or rather a "Giger-formimg" phenomena after being infected by the black virus. I'm using Scorn's scope here.

An Earth-like planet with stone monasteries like the ones we saw in Covenant turning into Giger's nightmare imagery. Perhaps black goo cannot magically convert stone structures into biomechanical matter. But how about fungi, microbes and insects. Maybe everything from there can turn into a masive hive.

On the other hand I like the idea of ​​Annihilation, which despite being a metaphor for cancer disease, at the same time shows us an intelligent extraterrestrial organism changing our environment. It would be great if black goo is treated like artificial intelligence designing an entire ecosystem on its own. Plus, they can use discarded designs for the creatures of a video game set in the prequels.

Evanus

Evanus

Quote from: [cancerblack] on May 24, 2020, 08:03:02 PM
I don't think playing as the Engineers (or even David)would be the way to go. An exploration/survival horror where you play as humans sounds tame by comparison, but it's the only way I can see it working without either adding a ton of cringey shit or being one person/teams vision that would proceed to be hotly and obnoxiously debated for years.
I think playing as one of Planet 4's inhabitants right after David unleashes the goo could work. They're already quite human in appearance and they don't have quite the same mysterious vibe as the LV-223 ones, so I don't think it would cheapen it too much. But like you said it would probably end up really cringey, unless it's in the right hands (which is unlikely, lol).

An exploration/survival game where you play as a human set on an engineer planet would be great indeed. I'd love to wander around on Planet 4..

Stitch

Stitch

Could have a Spore style game where you're a black goo creature and you have to evolve and survive

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

https://www.moddb.com/mods/prometheus-doom-3-movie-mod

This fan made Prometheus game (Doom 3 mod) was actually really well done.

Samhain13

Samhain13

How about something like AVP Extinction and you have to experiment with the goo on the indigenous life of a planet?   ;D

Build your own goo monster army.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed