Mechanics Needing To Be Changed

Started by Xenomorphine, Jan 21, 2010, 02:27:51 AM

Author
Mechanics Needing To Be Changed (Read 75,579 times)

Private W Hudson

Quote from: l3awl3ag on Jan 21, 2010, 03:43:11 AM
The only worry I had with the alien video was the facehugger animation. I seriously hope it doesn't use that same animation every time or that's going to become a bit boring. I mean fair enough I only say it being done twice but absolutely everything was identical, from the angle that the facehugger came into shot and how it jumped, to how the body landed afterwards. Other than that I think it looked tip top.

And yeah I agree Private W Hudson, the players aren't exactly showing the game at it's best. They're shite. I suppose that's fair enough though, I mean it's not like they're official developer walkthroughs. Christ they're not even supposed to be out.

And here's one Zephon, shit quality but it's a video lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFZWDRLOVuM

The animation is different from the front you have to knock them down and press the trophy button or what ever. Honestly that animation looks better then the back one.

l3awl3ag

l3awl3ag

Yeah I'm watching the video now and it is different. It's not actually as bad as I thought, we have the marine trophy kills in there too to break it up a bit.

BROTOX

BROTOX

I heard the marines can only jump like six inches high. If they haven't fixed that yet I hope they do. I would also like it if they can put a little (not alot) of zoom into the aiming for focus reasons. Crouching? Cmon they need to include crouch at least. You don't have to be able to lie down like in some other games because that would be suicide. These are basic game mechanics that for some reason or another are missing and although some might say that they aren't needed for this style of game, I think it couldn't hurt to include them in the controls if they can. I don't see why they can't, or won't. But I will wait for the demo to see if the exclusion of any of these features actually hinders the game like some suspect it would.

Giger_Incubator

Quote from: BROTOX on Jan 21, 2010, 03:57:55 AM
I heard the marines can only jump like six inches high. If they haven't fixed that yet I hope they do. I would also like it if they can put a little (not alot) of zoom into the aiming for focus reasons. Crouching? Cmon they need to include crouch at least. You don't have to be able to lie down like in some other games because that would be suicide. These are basic game mechanics that for some reason or another are missing and although some might say that they aren't needed for this style of game, I think it couldn't hurt to include them in the controls if they can. I don't see why they can't, or won't. But I will wait for the demo to see if the exclusion of any of these features actually hinders the game like some suspect it would.

How high can you jump with 80 pounds of equipment on you?

l3awl3ag

l3awl3ag

Quote from: Giger_Incubator on Jan 21, 2010, 04:06:02 AM
Quote from: BROTOX on Jan 21, 2010, 03:57:55 AM

How high can you jump with 80 pounds of equipment on you?
80 pounds is f**k all. I could jump higher than six inches carrying that on my shoulders, never mind spead across my entire body in armour. 

Not that I care how this works in game, I just felt like pointing out that it's definitely possible.

Eidotemit

Eidotemit

From what I recall the jump was higher that six inches for the marine, and more than adequate.

l3awl3ag

l3awl3ag

I havn't even seen a marine jump in this game yet. As long as it doesn't promote bunny hopping like Halo does It's all good lol.

Brother

Brother

All legitimate points Xenomorphine.

Quote from: Eidotemit on Jan 21, 2010, 04:19:34 AM
From what I recall the jump was higher that six inches for the marine, and more than adequate.

A previewer mentioned 6 inches, I don't know what the he was talking about.

MadRobert

MadRobert

come on people! lets not get going whit the nitpicking again :'(

lest be glad that we finaly are getting a follow up to are beloved AVP 2, k?

yes i know there are things that some people dont want or want changed, heck! even i have some stuff i wanted done differently whit the game, but thats how life works you cant get every thing you want.

but be gald that we are getting it in the firt place!, and who knows? maybe in the future we get the modding tools we need and AJL or anybody elese can do there think and make it there way. but also we may not and people need to get it in there heads.   

Brother

Brother

Quote from: MadRobert on Jan 21, 2010, 12:10:14 PM
come on people! lets not get going whit the nitpicking again :'(

lest be glad that we finaly are getting a follow up to are beloved AVP 2, k?

yes i know there are things that some people dont want or want changed, heck! even i have some stuff i wanted done differently whit the game, but thats how life works you cant get every thing you want.

but be gald that we are getting it in the firt place!, and who knows? maybe in the future we get the modding tools we need and AJL or anybody elese can do there think and make it there way. but also we may not and people need to get it in there heads.   

Maybe we could build a fire, sing a couple of songs, huh? Why don't we try that? :)

MadRobert

MadRobert

;) yeah im up for that :D, how about the time are they a changeing by Bob Dylan?

safetyman

safetyman

kumbaya my lord

AJL

AJL

You know whats Real stupid about most games (or all games) ? They are all soaking in
huge numbers of unrealistic features which make the characters easier and stronger...

- They run the same speed to all directions (they go faster backwards than I go forward)...
- Running and jumping and stuff like that have little or no effect in the accuracy...
- They can shoot their big rapid firing machine guns with little or no recoil...
- They can carry truckloads of weapons and ammo in their pockets...
- They have simple health system that is nothing more than numbers...
  (being near dead won't hinder them in any way)

But then when the characters become too damn powerfull and they need to
make them weaker and harder to play to balance things...

What do they do ??

Do they diminish those unrealistic strengths and advantages to gain balance
and realism at the same time ?? NO! Of course not... Neveer! ;D

No no no... They invent and throw in some new artificial feeling and of course
again unrealistic feature to weaken them... :-\

gss

gss

Totaly agree about everything. I noticed that in predator trailer zooming is fine (snapshot), but in demos we saw it's not....

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed