Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED

Started by Nukiemorph, Dec 10, 2020, 11:03:29 PM

Author
Alien TV Series From Noah Hawley and Ridley Scott CONFIRMED (Read 210,754 times)

Kradan

seattle24

Quote from: 426Buddy on Oct 15, 2021, 08:11:02 PM
I never understood why someone who thinks the Alien is cooked would come back to the Alien franchise.  The last person I want making an Alien film is someone who wants nothing to do with the Alien.

This.

I don't think anyone truly cares about the "it'll never be as good as the first" comment - tongue-in-cheek as you like — but "the beast is cooked" narrative is boring and untrue.

However, some people in this thread have cleared up his role of Ex. Producer may clearly be down to Scott Free obligations etc. so I'm satisfied until we hear more.

[cancerblack]

Ridley is a passionate yet (over the long-term) incoherent lunatic with visionary vision for visuals.

He gets deeply caught up in odd tangents, and abandons them as quickly as he adopted them.

In interviews it seems to have as much to do with what side of the bed he got up on as it does any ideas he has cooking.

I like him, and profoundly enjoy the mess he's created here.

Namebitt

Ooooor maybe it's because you made a mess of the mythology and told a story no one was interested in?

David_4004

David_4004

Let the man conclude his trilogy. I want to see the final chapter of David's story "One of the best Villains ever existed".

P.S. David is scarier than the Alien  8).

Kradan

David Weyland

Quote from: Namebitt on Oct 16, 2021, 05:28:03 PM
Ooooor maybe it's because you made a mess of the mythology and told a story no one was interested in?

Mythology is exactly that, a myth

The story is interesting, the execution of it is flawed by hammy writing and dialogue
The point of a prequel is to tell the backstory and or origin of the protagonist no?

BlueMarsalis79

BlueMarsalis79

Not necessarily.

The Good The Bad And The Ugly, Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom, Mallrats, X-Men First Class, Rogue One.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Trash Queen on Oct 17, 2021, 10:50:29 AM
Not necessarily.

The Good The Bad And The Ugly, Indiana Jones And The Temple Of Doom, Mallrats, X-Men First Class, Rogue One.

Ugh, why did that one have to be a prequel? At the beginning of Raiders, Indy doesn't believe in the supernatural. That doesn't jive with his experiences in the Temple of Doom just one year prior.

Rhetorical question by the way, not attempting to derail thread.

skhellter

skhellter

Quote from: David_4004 on Oct 17, 2021, 05:08:13 AM

:laugh:

public reminder that a lot of people thought Prometheus and Covenant were laughable...

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: skhellter on Oct 17, 2021, 01:10:12 PM

:laugh:

Only when he tells us that he'll do the fingering.

David Weyland

Not necessarily.

However in this case that's what the intention was

Evanus

Dunno if David is scarier than the alien but I do know he's fascinating and his character deserves to be further explored. I don't care how laughable people think the prequels were.. apart from the fact I've lost too many brain cells from reading all the fingering jokes.  :laugh:

BlueMarsalis79

Quote from: David Weyland on Oct 17, 2021, 01:52:22 PM
Not necessarily.

However in this case that's what the intention was

Doesn't mean it has to be that though.

PAS Spinelli

Let the man conclude his trilogy. I want to see the final chapter of David's story "One of the best Villains ever existed".

https://www.scified.com/topics/3508008798761814.jpg

Ok, who let Ridley into the Forum?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed