Alien 3 console games

Started by Born Of Cold Light, Mar 07, 2015, 11:54:22 PM

Author
Alien 3 console games (Read 8,033 times)

lost dragon

lost dragon

Classic Oli Frey i believe :)

Few more scans...

Jekku

Jekku

I grew up playing the SNES version.  The gameplay is repetitive and it gets pretty difficult (not in a good way).  Probe Entertainment created very Aliens/Alien 3 atmosphere and the game had a fantastic soundtrack.

ReViliTy

ReViliTy

There is a rom hack, which you apply as a patch for nes alien 3.  It improves the graphics.  I highly recommend it.   :)

Here is a link for the patch, not the rom. 
https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/2669/

lost dragon

lost dragon

1 more scan.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I completely forgot they did a Game Gear version of Alien 3. Sounds like Sega Force really liked all incarnations of this. I just can't imagine paying £40 for this game lol Thanks for sharing, dragon.

SM

SM

I sat through a stack of Alien3 walkthroughs not long ago and it was surprising how different they all ended.  SNES, Sega and Game Boy all had different endings.

OpenMaw

OpenMaw

Of all the versions of Alien 3, I think the Genesis one is the best to play. The SNES version was one of the first games I ever owned for that console. (After Killer Instinct, Mario, Super Metroid, and I think Super Star Wars.) I loved it as a kid. A few years ago I picked up a Genesis Model 3 and a few games. One of my first grabs was Alien 3. I gotta say it's challenging, and though I abhor time limits in games, it kinda works for Alien 3. The game has a pretty good flow.

Oh yeah, one sorta silly bit of trivia, but I think the sound of the aliens exploding in Alien 3 on Genesis is actually a distorted sample of the scene in Aliens where Hicks shoves the shotgun in the aliens mouth.

lost dragon

lost dragon

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Much appreciated.

lost dragon

lost dragon

This could be the classic UK Press speculation..cough utter B.S..but..there was a claim doing the rounds Flying Edge were considering bringing Alien III to the Sega Mega CD..but were looking to see how it sold 1st.

No word of any planned enhancements mind..

Wweyland

Wweyland

I played the NES version in about 1996 and remember completing it after a lot of tries (and memorizing a lot of the levels).
I think the NES version is actually different from all the others.

Apollo

Apollo

I had this on the MegaDrive around 93/94 and this game coupled with an edited for TV version of Alien 3 that I'd taped is what got me into the Alien franchise.
This game was solid , never finished it. don't think I got passed the second level to be honest. The time limits were brutal.
Brilliant soundtrack though.

iain

iain

I used to have it on the Mega Drive when I was a little kid. The music used to creep me the hell out.

Wweyland

Wweyland

The game is weird in a sense that you don't care about your health or ammo (there's plenty of both), only about the time limit.
I remember letting myself attacked in the vent so I fall down faster.

Vertigo

Vertigo

I remember using a bunch of cheats and completing the game without worry.... But yeah, great soundtrack. Not really quite like anything else in the Alien series, but it weirdly fit the game pretty well. Thought this track in particular was good for action in an alien hive:

(Edit) found gameplay video:

Apollo

Apollo

Was the music done by the same guy who did the  MegaDrive port of Predator 2?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed