LV 426: Prometheus Fan Edit

Started by Number13, Apr 22, 2020, 05:41:42 PM

Author
LV 426: Prometheus Fan Edit (Read 552 times)

Number13

Number13

Hi, forgive me if someone already started a thread on this. Has anyone ever seen the Prometheus fan edit "LV-426"? My friend is likes fan edits and I checked some out, they have a section on Aliens. So I saw that one, it's a fan edit that edits the movie to make Prometheus a direct prequel to Alien where it ties up loose ends. The thing that bothered me the most about Prometheus was that it didn't lead into Alien, some people were even confused. When me and my brother saw it my brother said "Wasn't the Space Jockey supposed to die in the chair?" and I said "You know that's not the same ship from Alien?" I mean, I get that Ridley Scott tried to make a series out of it, but in my opinion, I think he should've made it a direct prequel that ties up the loose ends for Alien, and still have it go its own course, I mean he wanted to focus all on the Engineers with this series, the only reason Covenant was an Alien movie, was because of people complaining about Prometheus not having Aliens. But the point is, the fan edit makes the movie a direct prequel to Alien, where the planet is LV-426, the ship is the Derelict, and the Engineer is the Space Jockey. He does a lot of great edits, for example, in the briefing scene with the hologram of the planet, he changes the label "LV-223" to "LV-426" and another thing he changes was he played with the audio to say that Fifield and Milburn didn't get lost, they wandered off to study rocks. The best part is the ending, where it all ties together.
Spoiler
See, at the end, we have the part where David wakes up the Engineer, and he takes the deleted scene where the Engineer talks and he adds subtitles that explains the star map wasn't an invitation, it was a warning, and he takes control of the ship and sets it for Earth, when the Deacon bursts out of his chest but the ship is still on autopilot, Shaw tells Janek to crash the ship and he does, and the Derelict crashes and crushes both Vickers and Shaw. David's head tries to contract Shaw, but he's screwed when the Deacon comes for him ending with David's last words "The trick is not minding that it hurts," then cuts to black hinting that the Deacon finished him off. Then the credits show the Derelict on the planet and the Nostromo finding it. I think what I would've done, was have Shaw survive and she and David go to search for the Engineer's homeworld like the original ending, I think the problem I would have is figuring out how to kill the Deacon after the crash.
[close]
I think my only complaint is that it doesn't establish that the eggs were on the ship, but I guess that's self-explanatory, but I think he was also trying to say that the eggs were underground, under the Derelict, I think some fans have debated that. But it was pretty good, I think it was a pretty good lead into Alien and I thought it would finely edited. Has anyone seen it or agree that would've been better as a direct prequel to Alien?

Gr33n M4n

Gr33n M4n

I haven't seen it yet but I'll check it out. And I do think Prometheus should have been a direct prequel. I know I'm in the minority but I think Ridley Scott should have just made Prometheus (as a direct prequel) and not even bothered with Covenant. Introduce us to the Space Jockey and explain what the hell happened on LV-426. Instead he went into this creator/god thing but also had to tie in the Xenomorph.

Janek

Janek

I remember discussion nearly until last day before cinematic release wether Prometheus would be PG-13 og rated R. Prometheus for me did not feel like a direct prequel to Alien, the feel and look are so different. I will definitely check this out although I am not a fan of changing the planets name etc... On that note I hope Ridleys films do not end up being a direct prequel to Alien, I think it will ruin the small mystery that is left.

Number13

Number13

Quote from: Janek on Apr 22, 2020, 10:49:05 PM
I remember discussion nearly until last day before cinematic release wether Prometheus would be PG-13 og rated R. Prometheus for me did not feel like a direct prequel to Alien, the feel and look are so different. I will definitely check this out although I am not a fan of changing the planets name etc... On that note I hope Ridleys films do not end up being a direct prequel to Alien, I think it will ruin the small mystery that is left.

Don't take this the wrong way, I understand where you're coming from with the whole mystery of the Space Jockey and people make up their own mind on that. But the problem is, that ship has kinda sailed, if you don't want the mystery to be ruined, then Scott shouldn't have made the prequels at all. The problem I had with Prometheus and Covenant, was I saw it to get my answers of Alien, but it didn't answer anything, and Covenant was trying to set up for a sequel, which might never happen, and I hate an unfinished story.

If you guys wanna see it, I can share a link to the movie if you guys want, because the only way to get it is to contact the guy who made it by registering on FanEdit.org and ask him to send you a link. Also, I played with it a little bit and did a little edit myself, I rearranged the Space Jockey chestburster scene, I changed the climax to how it ended to how it did in the original movie, and I established that the eggs are there. Though I think I need better quality of the Alien footage of the eggs, long story. I could go either way on the real Fan Edit or my version, but I don't take credit for my version, I just changed the ending, nor will I post my version on FanEdit.org.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed