Anyone else notice MAJOR changes in the 2003 Director's Cut of Alien in 4K?

Started by LastSurvivor92, May 01, 2019, 03:54:09 PM

Author
Anyone else notice MAJOR changes in the 2003 Director's Cut of Alien in 4K? (Read 485 times)

LastSurvivor92

It looked absolutely gorgeous and I've never seen Alien look as good as it did with this upscaling but what happened to the cocoon scene with Dallas and the scene of Ripley and Parker running to see Brett's fate as the blood rains down on them after the Alien victimizes him? There were small moments that I think improved the look of the film but I didn't like how Ridley changed scenes and added new stuff. It might as well be the 2019 Director's Cut. Kinda disappointed with the changes, not gonna lie but I'm happy to see the film looking more stunning than ever!

What about you guys? What did you think of the 4K version of Alien? Did you like the look of it? Were the changes to the Director's Cut appropriate?

The Old One

The Old One

Uh.
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=58996.180

The 4K "Director's Cut" is a hack job.

Xeno Killer 2179

Xeno Killer 2179

Not to mention Alien was already mastered in 4k for the the anthology. Why it needed two 4k masters, a good question. Aliens as well has a 4k master from the anthology.

But not ³ or 4.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed