Prey Catch All Thread

Started by Corporal Hicks, May 22, 2021, 07:54:07 AM

Author
Prey Catch All Thread (Read 313,274 times)

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Not that I'm aware of. :)

ace3g

ace3g

One of the assistant production managers for the film - Jennifer Din.

Loving the foggy atmosphere

Huggs

Huggs

That a dead body laying near the guy with the spear?

Could be part of a burial scene, but the body would need to be put on a scaffold.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Thanks guys!  :)

First Look at Costumes in New Predator Film "Skulls"
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2021/07/25/first-look-at-costumes-in-new-predator-film-skulls/

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Jul 25, 2021, 08:33:54 PM
Thanks guys!  :)

First Look at Costumes in New Predator Film "Skulls"
https://www.avpgalaxy.net/2021/07/25/first-look-at-costumes-in-new-predator-film-skulls/

I was so hoping it was Yautja costumes. :)

Sad fan

Sad fan

It will be the worst Predator film ever. Worst than The Predator...

LSL

LSL

I can't get carried away with this "Teenager with Power Against Patriarchy Shows Her Strength by Killing Predator" script. But I really hope I'm wrong and something good comes out of it. The Predator has suffered enough.

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Quote from: LSL on Jul 25, 2021, 08:53:32 PM
I can't get carried away with this "Teenager with Power Against Patriarchy Shows Her Strength by Killing Predator" script. But I really hope I'm wrong and something good comes out of it. The Predator has suffered enough.

I doubt they will do that, Predator has always been the more Patriarchal and masculine saga, while the Alien series is more Matriarchal and feminine (as in heroines). Its a good balance, that there are two franchises that have male and female champions; that both sexes get to assert themselves.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: LSL on Jul 25, 2021, 08:53:32 PM

While it has the potential to be like that, 'Cloverfield Lane' convinced me the director will be handling the lead's portrayal in a balanced manner.

Comanche were, historically, one of, if not possibly the only, tribe which didn't have female warriors. So, I'm willing to give this a break, as that's in line with historical accuracy. The character rebelling against that allows for her having a reason to have already learned the skills in tracking, hunting and killing which she will need, later in the story.

Also, I believe she's more like eighteen or so. So, more like a young woman than what comes to most peoples' minds when hearing teenager. Especially with people generally dying much earlier in life, in those days (particularly women birthing children).

What I am a little concerned about is if the story tries to paint this as the norm, because North American tribal people have a long and proud history of female warriors. I'd feel rather unsettled if the story basically implies that isn't the case, as it would do them a disservice.

Hopefully, if the lead character survives, perhaps it'll have an epilogue where she meets a legitimate female warrior from a different tribe and goes off with them, demonstrating that her social issues were purely localised. Or perhaps just has dialogue when talking to another character, referring to how other tribes have women in that position. Sort of a, "So, why can't we," moment.

The Predator, itself, will always either die or be somehow exiled. That's the whole point of it filling the role of the villain. You're not going to have a being which glorifies slaughter and mutilation of human beings getting rewarded for it by being successful. I love sharks, but I'd think any 'Jaws' film where the main shark survives at the end would be anti-climactic and mostly unnecessary, because what's the point? Why bother to invest time and emotions in the hero's journey if they aren't going to overcome their challenge?

Alienz

Alienz

This might not be fog as we have wild fires burning that is blowing in smoke here in Alberta  ;D

ace3g

ace3g

There's something in those trees...

Looks like they might be setting up some shots up there.

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

Dane says he thinks about this video a lot. And I'm thinking....

Bigfoot confirmed?

*Voodoo has Sasquatch on the brain again. :D*

City Hunter Yautja

City Hunter Yautja

Just realized the Predator is the true tree hugher. :D

Clubroot

Clubroot

Looks like Amber Midthunder's character on the right side.
https://i.pinimg.com/474x/de/20/cc/de20cc4441a97b650b92ea91bafd4455.jpg
For comparison

Clubroot

Clubroot

Speaking of the Trees. Recent DD IG Story
tinyurl.com/r39dmtkd

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed