Alien Covenant Blu-ray

Started by 0321recon, Jun 29, 2017, 02:49:35 PM

Author
Alien Covenant Blu-ray (Read 118,797 times)

Protozoid

Protozoid

I wonder if they would have needed to pay Rapace for using her deleted scenes? My disappointment over this movie continues to deepen with every single press release. It's a perfect storm of decisions that upset me.

Salt The Fries

Salt The Fries

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 06, 2017, 05:08:07 PM
I think Advent maybe a promotional piece with David drawing stuff on Paradise. Dane and Matt spoke about it in their interview with Perfect Organism and in the interview I recorded with them recently (being released soon).

I assume Phobos is going to be about the launch of the Covenant from Martian orbit. Complete guess though. I've no idea. Could be related to the Greek god, Phobos though.

Phobos is one of the 2 moons around Mars, so it makes sense. It also stands for "fear" from Greek. BTW when I was 6 years old, I was already obsessed with Ancient Greece and Rome, as well as astronomy. I still remember reading about Phobos and Deimos 25 years ago...

tleilaxu

tleilaxu

I was obsessed with astronomy too. The scars of Miranda... The cryo-volcanoes of Triton...

echobbase79

echobbase79

VERY disappointed that the scenes with Shaw and David aren't included here, but what we do have is very good. Day one pick up for me.

Captain Dallas at Thedus

Captain Dallas at Thedus

Thank's for posting this-that artwork is phemonenal!!Will that be in the book???Is it already available??

Ingwar

Ingwar

Cannot wait to see those scenes. Especially longer Prologue and Crossing the Plaza. And yes, I'm also disappointed about lack of Shaw.

0321recon

0321recon

Now seeing what deleted scenes were and were not included on the blu-ray, they cut 30 minutes from the film, not the 20 minutes that was mentioned around the press circuit. Hopefully several years down the road, their reinserted in a special edition with the prequel trilogy boxset.   

Keyes

Keyes

I'm disappointed in the lack of Shaw scenes too. That, the alternative endings, and some of the other scenes mentioned from the test report screenings but not included here makes me think they are holding them back for something else.

Evanus

Evanus

I'm mostly interested in the extended prologue, Crossing the Plaza and Stairs to Eggroom. There might be some nice connections to Prometheus in them. I just hoped there was more Shaw... I mean, they must have shot more than what was in the film and The Crossing? Reportedly Noomi Rapace filmed for 6 weeks. Maybe they'll somehow use it for the next film as flashbacks.

Keyes

Keyes

If the shooting script leaks, then we'll know the extent of what was filmed.

0321recon

0321recon

Quote from: Evanus on Jul 06, 2017, 08:14:53 PM
Reportedly Noomi Rapace filmed for 6 weeks. Maybe they'll somehow use it for the next film as flashbacks.

Whoa! If that's true, then there's a ton of footage hidden somewhere in Fox.

Evanus

Evanus

Yeah, exactly what I'm thinking. I definitely remember reading reports saying that she was there for at least a few weeks. I hope we'll see everything they filmed someday.

shawsbaby

shawsbaby

It's also possible Ridley is hoping to use some of the Shaw footage for another flashback or even an opening sequence to the next/final film.

genocyber

genocyber

This movie if anything made Alien 3 a lot more appreciated.

PRI. HUDSON

PRI. HUDSON

Quote from: genocyber on Jul 06, 2017, 09:15:07 PM
This movie if anything made Alien 3 a lot more appreciated.

Alien 3 is practically adored now. I enjoyed it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed