Which Console?

Started by BauhausConcept, Sep 02, 2014, 10:26:36 PM

Author
Which Console? (Read 12,564 times)

BauhausConcept

BauhausConcept

So I don't know about the rest of you, but I am pretty damn pumped for this game. Sega has done a pretty awesome job of marketing the hell out of A:I and given that I've been a diehard Alien fan since I can remember, I'm shitting the bed nearly every night in anticipation. That being said, I am debating which console to get this game for, which maybe some of you more seasoned gamers can advise. I currently own an Xbox 360 and a decently-powered laptop (Intel i7 620M, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics). I know most of you will tell me to just get the game for 360 but a part of me has been telling myself to maybe take the next-gen plunge and get the game for the PS4 or Xbox One (which I will do eventually, just not sure if I should do it so soon). I know that aside from a slight difference in resolution (1080p for the current-gen consoles vs 720p for the previous-gen consoles - which doesn't really matter because my TV is only 720p), there shouldn't be that much of a difference. That being said, I want to make sure that this is not a giant assumption. Is anyone aware of any differences between the different releases for the console versions (ie. PS4/Xbox One vs. PS3/Xbox 360)? Is my laptop powerful enough to handle the game on mediocre specs? I would much prefer to play this game with a keyboard and mouse as opposed to a controller but if I have to play the game at a 640x480 resolution, I'm going to be one unhappy camper.

Anyways, any feedback is welcome. Thanks guys! :)

SM

SM

I pity the amount of laundry your mum has to do.

BauhausConcept

BauhausConcept

Quote from: SM on Sep 02, 2014, 10:28:39 PM
She does it with a smile on her face all out of love. :P

Btw, what gave it away that I still live at home? Lol!

SM

SM

Lucky guess.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

If your that excited about the game you shouldn't bother with the older consoles or laptop. If you can afford it go for a newer console

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

PsyKore

PsyKore

It's safe to say the differences (if there are any) between PS4 and XONE will be trivial at most - both versions will probably be identical. I would definitely get it on one of the new consoles, but if I were you I'd also think about other games you want to play and pick the console that makes you happy. Don't just buy a console for one game.

WinterActual

WinterActual

Quote from: BauhausConcept on Sep 02, 2014, 10:26:36 PM
and a decently-powered laptop (Intel i7 620M, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics).

:laugh:

"integrated graphics"

"620M"

Sure bro! 

I know that aside from a slight difference in resolution (1080p for the current-gen consoles vs 720p for the previous-gen consoles - which doesn't really matter because my TV is only 720p), there shouldn't be that much of a difference.
The X1 is not running at 1080p. It have about 5 games or so that can run on that res but the majority are on 900 something or 720p. And no, the difference is not slightly.

windebieste

windebieste

Quote from: PsyKore on Sep 03, 2014, 01:38:32 AM
if I were you I'd also think about other games you want to play and pick the console that makes you happy. Don't just buy a console for one game.

Yeah, but on those grounds alone, get a new PC. 

The back-catalog of games can't be beaten. 

-Windebieste.

PsyKore

PsyKore

I agree. Although I was referring more to games coming out in the future.

However, I'd definitely recommend this guy getting a decent gaming PC if he has the money. It doesn't even need to be that powerful since mid-range PC's can still kick ass.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

It'll probably be later this year that I finally upgrade to a PS4.

Even if I don't, I won't be buying this on PS3. I'd rather wait and get the next-gen version.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: WinterActual on Sep 03, 2014, 04:02:52 AM
Sure bro! 

Play nicely gents. That wasn't needed.

Xenoscream

Xenoscream

If you can afford it go for PS4, if you haven't played the Last of Us, pick that up and that will keep you busy until A:I and beyond.

When Sony releases play now, or whatever it is called you will also have access to the PS3 back catalog (although it's not clear how much this will cost)

BauhausConcept

BauhausConcept

and a decently-powered laptop (Intel i7 620M, 8GB RAM, Intel HD 3000 integrated graphics).

"integrated graphics"

"620M"

Sure bro!

For a laptop, that is decent. I can still run SC2 and D3 on medium settings without any hiccups at all. Yeah, it's no gaming fortress but it can still run new games.

Quote from: Xenoscream on Sep 03, 2014, 10:57:31 AM
If you can afford it go for PS4, if you haven't played the Last of Us, pick that up and that will keep you busy until A:I and beyond.

When Sony releases play now, or whatever it is called you will also have access to the PS3 back catalog (although it's not clear how much this will cost)

I was thinking the exact same thing to be quite honest. I was kicking myself so hard when the Last of Us came out and I didn't have a PS3. :( The only reason Xbox One even crossed my mind in the first place was because of Halo 5, but it's tentatively set for a Q4 2015 release which realistically will most likely get pushed back to 2016 so I still have plenty of time before that game comes out. That being said, it seems like PS4 is going to be the victor of the console wars this generation. I still don't know anyone who owns an Xbox One yet I have about 5 friends who have a PS4. The last thing I want is to be stuck with a console which none of my friends have (kind of in that boat already with my Xbox 360).

SM

SM

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Sep 03, 2014, 08:16:23 AM

Sure bro! 

Play nicely gents. That wasn't needed.

Eh?

I was responding to "I'm shitting the bed nearly every night in anticipation".

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed