Colonial Marines on GTTV

Started by ikarop, Sep 30, 2011, 04:57:50 AM

Author
Colonial Marines on GTTV (Read 16,859 times)

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: NUB DESTROYER on Sep 30, 2011, 09:20:27 AM
Quote from: ikarop on Sep 30, 2011, 04:57:50 AM
GTTV just posted up the episode in HD. Watch it below:
There are 2 parts that cover ACM in that video. The 2nd part starts at around 5:50
Indeed! I noted it on the news. I should note it here as well.

Edit: We just got word from Sega that there may be some more cool (and lengthy) stuff coming very soon :)

WinterActual

WinterActual

I just want the full lenght E3 demo gameplay trailer, nothing more  :D

NUB DESTROYER

NUB DESTROYER

Watched both parts again.

• Lots of good, albeit short, footage
• Graphics (modified Unreal engine) looked fantastic
• Randy Pitchford was very excited about multiplayer - maybe new system
• Dialogue was a little corny (probably due to acting, but forgivable)
• Crusher was huge and it moved really great. Looked really good.
• Warrior aliens had tail fins, lol
• Knives - HELL YEAH
• AP was clearly visible from that tower room (screenshot below)

robbritton

robbritton

All this stuff is still E3 footage though, surely? The Aliens WILL still have fins on the tails, as this was all put together prior to the screenshot where it appeared as though they'd been removed. Minor aesthetic quibbles aside, it moves fantastically! Can't wait to have a go on this thing.

Lie

Lie

Yeah... No. :-\

From that it would seem Avp 2010 had better detail on weapons.

NUB DESTROYER

NUB DESTROYER

Quote from: robbritton on Sep 30, 2011, 10:33:26 AM
All this stuff is still E3 footage though
Definitely this GTTV episode shows completely new footage. 

Tail fins will probably go if we can go with what the devs say. Funny that they were still there.

Quote from: Lie on Sep 30, 2011, 10:46:30 AM
From that it would seem Avp 2010 had better detail on weapons.
Here's some info on what to expect
Armaments
- Armat M41A Pulse Rifle & PN 30mm underslung grenade launcher
- M56A2 Smart Gun & Self-aiming stabilised mount harness
- M240A1 Flamethrower
- H&K VP70 Pistol (Seen in old media)
- M4A3 Pistol - From the ACMTM - Standard USCM sidearm (Seen in OPM screen)
- Semi-auto Shotgun (Looks like a Benelli M4)
- UA 571-C Remote Sentry Weapons System
More variations on weapons not talked about yet, including pulse rifle variants. Also, more than likely, I am guessing a few from the Aliens Colonial Marines Technical manual.
http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=129292

PsyKore

PsyKore

Well, despite the brief footage, I still got pretty excited by this. The game looks cool as hell. I think it's PROBABLY safe to say, too, judging by Randy's demeanor, that we will get to play as aliens.

Vulhala

Vulhala

This game is really starting to look fantastic. From the first few clips I saw, I thought it looked very similar to AvP. Glad to see it's definitely not now.

NUB DESTROYER

NUB DESTROYER

Quote from: PsyKore on Sep 30, 2011, 11:55:43 AMthat we will get to play as aliens.
Based on his enthusiasm I thought Randy had something totally new in store for us. Also I find alien VS marine multiplayer very unexciting - not too different from the past AvP games minus the Predator.

This is what I said in another forum:
How about a 3 team multiplayer mode?

Team 1: marines - humans
Team 2: marines - humans
Team 3: xenos - bots

Perhaps a capture the flag system but have xeno AI bots randomly spawned from the center and have them attack any and all human players without bias.
It doesn't make sense from a story point of view because why would marines target other marines? But it gives each human player equality with other human players. Also just imagine the chaos. And then even more chaos.
Chris!(($$))! later said team 2 should be mercenaries... as in fact, Brian Martel mentioned there would be Weyland-Yutani black ops present (human bad guys).

Stalker

Stalker

Does anybody have another link to this video? GT's version runs like a slideshow for me, I can't see a damn thing in motion.

PsyKore

PsyKore

Quote from: NUB DESTROYER on Sep 30, 2011, 12:16:57 PM
Quote from: PsyKore on Sep 30, 2011, 11:55:43 AMthat we will get to play as aliens.
Based on his enthusiasm I thought Randy had something totally new in store for us. Also I find alien VS marine multiplayer very unexciting - not too different from the past AvP games minus the Predator.

I'm only guessing, of course. But every GBX person that has been asked that question has always avoided answering the question while giggling. It just seems it could be likely.

I think playing as Alien would be fun because there's no Pred's to spoil it, haha. And, well, I love playing as alien in all the AvP games, and ACM wouldn't be an exception. It would be cool, though, if they added to the gameplay, perhaps giving the alien players ability to order groups of AI aliens, give the game a strategy element. I haven't thought that all the way through, but adding something RPG-ish like that would be cool, I think.

Infected

Infected

And they have the original prints from the Aliens movie about the facilitys like Hadley's Hope.

They are going to investigate the Derelict the guy said.
I wonder how they will pull that of with the upcoming Prometheus.
Will you be able to go trough the entire ship? if so Giger should be involved,
only for the mystery and not to f**k things up with those guys.
And will there be a jockey :)

NUB DESTROYER

NUB DESTROYER

Quote from: PsyKore on Sep 30, 2011, 12:33:21 PM
I'm only guessing, of course. But every GBX person that has been asked that question has always avoided answering the question while giggling. It just seems it could be likely.

I think playing as Alien would be fun because there's no Pred's to spoil it, haha. And, well, I love playing as alien in all the AvP games, and ACM wouldn't be an exception. It would be cool, though, if they added to the gameplay, perhaps giving the alien players ability to order groups of AI aliens, give the game a strategy element. I haven't thought that all the way through, but adding something RPG-ish like that would be cool, I think.
Yeah I guess there are some or many who still want to play as an alien. It's likely the game will end up like this.

I thought it would be great to have a marines VS mercenaries head-to-head CoD style capture the flag system, but with lots of aliens (bots) that get in your way. This system poses a dilemma to each player of either trying to kill the alien or kill the human enemy first. It's a constant balancing act.

Quote from: Stalker on Sep 30, 2011, 12:26:18 PM
Does anybody have another link to this video? GT's version runs like a slideshow for me, I can't see a damn thing in motion.
This is the supposed SD version. Not sure if it's any different
http://www.gametrailers.com/episode/gametrailers-tv/134?ch=1

Snowdog

Snowdog

This video made me soooo freaking exited for the game !!  :o ;D Also i'm afraid i'm going to watch all the alien movies this weekend :P

ikarop

ikarop

Quote from: Snowdog on Sep 30, 2011, 12:59:24 PM
This video made me soooo freaking exited for the game !!  :o ;D Also i'm afraid i'm going to watch all the alien movies this weekend :P

And you haven't seen anything yet! :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed