Say something you LIKE about AVPR - Aliens vs Predator: Requiem.

Started by Voodoo Magic, Dec 09, 2018, 05:55:36 PM

Author
Say something you LIKE about AVPR - Aliens vs Predator: Requiem. (Read 103,271 times)

Immortan Jonesy

I like Pizza Boy's girlfriend and Predators home world.

EJA

I like the look of the PredAlien.

Voodoo Magic

The Old One

The Old One

If you're a real H.R Giger fiend, and appreciate what's great about the original design, you really understand it- you'll hate the PredAlien. And it's just ugly, inelegant, totally contradictory to the point of the original.

[cancerblack]

Agreed. As a random monster or totally-not-Alien in some other movie, I wouldn't mind it - but as an Actual Alien, it's just poor design.

Spoiler
[close]

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Nov 20, 2019, 08:41:15 PM
If you're a real H.R Giger fiend, and appreciate what's great about the original design, you really understand it- you'll hate the PredAlien. And it's just ugly, inelegant, totally contradictory to the point of the original.

I'm a fan, not quite a fiend.  :)

Plus Giger called Alien Resurrection an excellent film, and you know how I feel about that!  ;)

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 20, 2019, 09:06:23 PM
Agreed. As a random monster or totally-not-Alien in some other movie, I wouldn't mind it - but as an Actual Alien, it's just poor design.

Spoiler
[close]

All I see the Predalien on the left and the Newborn on the right.

Spoiler
;D
[close]

Samhain13

Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 20, 2019, 11:24:20 PM

Plus Giger called Alien Resurrection an excellent film, and you know how I feel about that!  ;)

Fox forced him to say that.  :P

SM

Quote from: [cancerblack] on Nov 20, 2019, 09:06:23 PM

Spoiler
[close]

Everything about it - the design, the performance, the egg barfage - was forever cursed.

Kradan

Did you want to say " a True fan ™ " ?

Katanu

Gotta agree with Voodoo, the Predalien is much better than the Newborn.

Huggs

I find them both equally creepy, in a positive way.

The Old One

The Old One

Nothing positive about the PredAlien, it's even got an inferior version of the Chestburster from the last film.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Samhain13 on Nov 21, 2019, 12:41:11 AM
Quote from: Voodoo Magic on Nov 20, 2019, 11:24:20 PM

Fox forced him to say that.  :P

Did they tie him up and tickle his feet?

The Old One

The Old One

He wasn't credited for the creature design, as soon as that was rectified- he said what he really thought. ADI's Alien gallery from AR onwards concerning the adult creature, is just as trash as their Predator work.

Voodoo Magic

Quote from: Fiendishly Inventive on Nov 21, 2019, 01:38:06 AM
He wasn't credited for the creature design, as soon as that was rectified- he said what he really thought. ADI's Alien gallery from AR onwards concerning the adult creature, is just as trash as their Predator work.

That sneaky Swiss!

#SayNoToSnailiens?

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed