Effective Advertisement

Started by Kimarhi, Feb 25, 2020, 03:34:08 AM

Author
Effective Advertisement (Read 1,605 times)

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

What are trailers, artworks, etc that have made you purchase, read, watch something in your lifetime that effectively got your attention and sold you on the product?

For instance I was 100%  on Doom Eternal after the second trailer.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Some final products disappointed and others not so much  :P

Voodoo Magic

Voodoo Magic

One look at this Nine Inch Nails audio and Frank Miller / Zack Snyder visual combo teaser just completely bowled me over.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Wysps

Wysps

The Magic Bullet commercials  :laugh: No joke, I still use that damn thing to this day even though I can afford (and do own) much nicer processors/blenders.

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

It's been posted, but the Prometheus trailer got EVERYONE.

Kradan

Kradan

https://youtu.be/u7g9TZwfbPI

I think it's a good one. And why I think so I need to quote myself:

QuoteI mean particularly 0:26 - 0:32. I think final product really lacks episodes like this. Isolation is definetly full of tension. But horror? Don't know. You can see Alien fully, in bright light, you have clear audio clues of it movements and motion tracker. There's really not much (if any) bits where you totally don't know where Stompy is right now (and that is what make Alien SO scary, isn't it?). Also if Stompy sees you he screams, attacks and kills you straight away like mindless beast. I would love to see Alien actually playing with player as psychopatic serial killer playing with his victim, so you never know whether Alien aware of your presence or not. I think, it would make death moments more sudden and powerful.

And there really not much playing with darkness. I mean, in trailer you see the situation when player forced to use flashlight to navigate in the darkness but the flashlight is the thing that rise Alien attention to you. I would prefer if game would show player only small glimpses of Alien hiding in the dark right till moment of it killing the player.

I understand that developers probably didn' t make these decisions just to avoid massive waves of heart attacks but...

Nightmare Asylum

Nightmare Asylum

This teaser might have had me more hyped than I had ever been before for any movie...

[cancerblack]

[cancerblack]

Shit was hype yo

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Apr 18, 2020, 09:32:52 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfiUCrfbLgY

This teaser might have had me more hyped than I had ever been before for any movie...

Oh boy. The first time I saw that trailer was a leaked version with handheld camera quality...and yet, it almost gave me an orgasm. I was screaming for joy "there is the damn Space Jockey!!!" while I saw the telescope chair emerging from the Engineer platform for first time. 😭 Oh and that music...it gave me chills in a cool way.

8) 8) 8)

That version was a little different though. I think it was not included the shot where we see Vickers doing her exercises but instead Shaw's belly before surgery. There was also the shot in which the Hammerpede jumps from Milburn's mouth. The Engineer could not be seen, until a second leak of the trailer emerged with a slightly better quality. When the official relase of the trailer was made, my Hype was flipping over the clouds. I enjoyed the second trailer, albeit a little less than the teaser.

Kradan

Kradan

Watching Joker (2019) made me excited to watch movie's trailers. Does it count as effective advertistment ? Perhaps as reverse one ?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

What a unique form of effective advertisement.  :laugh:

Do you want to see more movies similar in quality to Joker?

Kradan

Kradan

Why not ? You have a list ?

Immortan Jonesy

Kradan

Kradan

:o

Thank you

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed