What's the most terrifying thing you've ever experienced?

Started by Cvalda, Apr 02, 2012, 10:03:46 PM

Author
What's the most terrifying thing you've ever experienced? (Read 6,919 times)

Kimarhi

I actually made basic so bad in my mind before I went that I thought it was easy when I got there. 

Some people it had all tore up but I guess me being older and already working for years it didn't seem so bad.  I was as big as any of the drill sergeants so they didn't physically scare me, was used to people yelling at me, and already got up the same time we did everyday for my normal job, and am a human that requires very little sleep to function well.  My AIT was much worse but even then I personally didnt have any issues, just my platoon was a bunch of f**kups.  My instructors felt so bad for me an another guy they would try to separate us by giving us easy jobs while everybody else got f**ked up for messing up. 

I thought reception was worse because it was just standing in line for five days with about an hour of sleep a day (I fell asleep standing up once at reception) and about three bites out of every meal they provided you a day.  I once sat down, some other dumbass private went up to the nearest drill sergeant and asked for seconds, and had ONE bite of food before the drill sergeant got pissed at the private and made us ALL throw the rest of our food away.   

Be in shape, be on time in the right uniform is really all you need for bct in my experience.  Reception is so much worse because it is admin stuff with drill sergeants who won't be your own and have no investment in seeing you do well.  We had more people drop out of reception than we did basic. 

Anyways, I know the feels tho.  Nothing like seeing the first drill sgt lurking by the bus, the shark attack when they all rush you as your getting off the bus, and then not knowing what the hell is happening for the next three or four days until a routine is established.

Good times.

TheSailingRabbit

You were Army, right? I went Navy.

Kimarhi

Yep. 

My mom's side of the family was almost all Navy.

My Grandfather on my dad's side was Army and his stories are what got me to join that branch instead. 

SM

I want a full length Chronicles if Kimba book.

Kimarhi

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed