Baron Von Marlon

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 14, 2019, 02:33:37 AM
No topic last forever.

What's your point?
"Topic seems to be fading out, might as well have some fun?"

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Maybe.

Or if it naturally derails when the topic is in its death knell and everybody is having good natured civil discourse what harm does it do?

I've never intentionally derailed a topic.

Honest. 

Huggs

Huggs

It's a necessary evil. Normal human conversation tends to wander at some point. Eventually a topic has been analyzed to death and if you don't chuckle alittle or wax philosophical, then you might find yourself just sitting around waiting for news that's never coming or become lost in endless minutiae and go insane.

Did you notice in frame 197 how his left index finger twitched?

Oh yes, quite indeed. Clearly a sign of tea.

I thought they served coffee.

Hold on while I check my sources. Yes, in the corner of this set photo I can clearly see a coffee receipt.

Is that Gigers thumbprint?

I'll check the database.

Get us an address on that coffee shop. If it's still there, I'm going to take a photograph of it.

Shall I meet you there?

Splendid!

Sometimes a quick joke and a few giggles are good for morale.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

"There is nothing in the desert and no man needs nothing." AVPG is a free country, and sometimes an hiatus may help. However, and as some say, sometimes the same joke becomes smelly.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 14, 2019, 02:45:15 AM
... if it naturally derails when the topic is in its death knell and everybody is having good natured civil discourse what harm does it do?

I think this is the best it could be said.

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

So, all derails are natural? I'm skeptical...and who can decide when a topic is worth discussing or not? it sounds like tyranny  :-\ I know that sometimes things get ugly, like that egg in the Sulaco thread, but I'm sure that not all topics need this particular kind of humor :laugh:

Baron Von Marlon

Baron Von Marlon

Or if it naturally derails when the topic is in its death knell and everybody is having good natured civil discourse what harm does it do?

But who decides when a topic is in its death knell?
Sometimes its only a lull. Happens often people go back to an older topic. And then it's nice if you don't have to sift through unrelated things.

Huggs

Huggs

There is undoubtedly purposeful derailment of threads. It exists. I think for the most part though (at least here), that there are many people who don't do it with the intention of causing issue or detracting from the overall conversation. They simply see something funny in a post, or they are close friends with the other posters and are used to sharing jokes and images with each other.

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Quote from: Baron Von Marlon on Jul 14, 2019, 05:04:51 AM

But who decides when a topic is in its death knell?
Sometimes its only a lull. Happens often people go back to an older topic. And then it's nice if you don't have to sift through unrelated things.

And those threads are often kept alive and easily accessed near the top of active topic list by the derailment. 

But to answer your question.  I DECIDE. 

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Voodoo Magic said it better, though. Just go with the flow or something.  :P 

Kimarhi

Kimarhi

Here me:

From now on, all threads that Baron Von Marlon post in are subject to derailment. 

carry on.

Huggs

Huggs

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jul 14, 2019, 05:23:00 AM
Here me:

From now on, all threads that Baron Von Marlon post in are subject to derailment. 

carry on.

Let's rock

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

If only the jokes were funny...

Spoiler
[close]

Kradan

Kradan

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jul 11, 2019, 10:03:52 PM
New podcast episode up, on a Gambit script.

I've just checked out your YT channel and found Alien 3's podcast episode. 6 hours!? My jaw on the floor.  :o

Anticipate to listen it ASAP.

Hicks, why have you stoped doing script podcasts? One about Gibson's draft is so good and funny to listen! I would love to hear in depth conversation about Ward's vision for Alien 3. Or Twohy's one.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed