Sigourney Weaver new thought's on Alien 5

Started by The Ultimate Predator, Jun 02, 2014, 06:59:37 PM

Author
Sigourney Weaver new thought's on Alien 5 (Read 58,973 times)

Kimarhi

I doubt weaver would ever go for being a villain in a franchise she was a heroine in anyway. 

KiramidHead

Spoiler
She was kind of a villain in Cabin in the Woods.
[close]

OpenMaw

Quote from: StrangeShape on Jun 07, 2014, 09:58:34 PM
And to be honest, Im completely not interested in whereabouts of the mutant 8 that Weaver played in Resurrection. Ripley was a great character, mutant 8 was not , for me at least.

Pretty much how I feel about it. I would add, though, I think Ripley 8 could be an interesting character, but I highly doubt the powers that be would pick the writer and director to really see that kind of thing through, nor would they be interested in making that kind of a film from a financial standpoint.

Kimarhi

Quote from: KiramidHead on Jun 07, 2014, 10:39:56 PM
Spoiler
She was kind of a villain in Cabin in the Woods.
[close]

Yeah but she was always a hero in the Alien series.  I just don't think she would go for somebody writing her as an antagonist in the Alien series. 

HEZ

HEZ

Finish Ripley's story? Didn't that happen in 3? 0___o
People's stories tend to end after falling into a vat of molten metal...
I would not be excited if I heard there was an Alien 5, I can't see how it wouldn't be a car crash.

HEZ

HEZ

Correction: I would not be excited for an Alien 5 with Ripley. Someone might still be able to do something interesting with the universe still.

Local Trouble

She'd still be a hero of sorts if she uses her powers and her influences over the aliens to destroy the assholes who want to turn them into bioweapons.

Kimarhi

Possibly.

I just see them doing something tacky let having Ripley be a total psycho killer bitch for 3/4s of the movie and then having call explain the meaning of humanity to her the last quarter and having her kill all the aliens or someshit. 

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 07, 2014, 06:40:53 PM
Dude. Again. I am talking about box office.

Box office! I'm sure the 'Terminatrix' or whatever grossed more than 'Life is Beautiful' or 'Doubt'. Aaaaand, I know which side of that fence I'm on.

I'd like a compelling Alien movie, or nothin' at all.

Elmazalman

Quote from: Lemonade on Jun 07, 2014, 07:43:37 PM

People take terminator more seriously than alien.

Maybe you do.

Local Trouble

Quote from: Kimarhi on Jun 07, 2014, 11:24:11 PM
Possibly.

I just see them doing something tacky let having Ripley be a total psycho killer bitch for 3/4s of the movie and then having call explain the meaning of humanity to her the last quarter and having her kill all the aliens or someshit.

Not a psycho, just pissed off.  She wouldn't unleash the aliens on innocents, just the bad guys and their mooks.

Kimarhi

That would take the horror out of it though.  Unless you told the movie from a corporate perspective. 

Cvalda

I always wanted an Alien Resurrection follow up to have Ripley 8 and Call on the lam as ambiguous lesbian lovers, with Ripley eventually slowly, grotesquely reverting to a more Alien form and Call eventually having to finally put her out of her misery at the climax.

But that's just me >_>

Kimarhi

It was you that wrote that fake Prometheus script. 

Cvalda

Please.

It's already there in Resurrection.
Spoiler
[close]

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed