Prometheus at San Diego Comic Con

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 21, 2011, 11:24:50 PM

Author
Prometheus at San Diego Comic Con (Read 33,082 times)

irn

irn

Quote from: cmc on Jul 22, 2011, 12:39:18 AM
I'm of course looking to see this in the cinema, so the last thing I want is for the theatrical version to be some kind of watered down version. Why cant for certain cinema events like this (and it is an event) they release 2 version to the theaters. One PG-13 or whatever and the other the 18 or Rated-R version.
Actually just relised how much thats never going to happen whilst typing lol
Anyway by the sound of it, Scott's going to show the Rated-R version to Fox in the hope they'll let him release that in theaters instead of the PG-13 one.

I've seen them do that with a couple of recent horror movies. The names of which have completely escaped my mind though. They screened both the 15 (UK) and 18 cert versions at the same time. I'm pretty sure it happened with a recent comedy too.

zuzuki

zuzuki

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/07/21/live-from-the-prometheus-panel-footage-described/
QuoteMichael Fassbender's character does look like the Android characters from the previous alien films but in one shot, we see him cryin another, he appears to prick his finger and draw blood.

would be nice if the space jockeys experimented on him and made him human.just a thought

Marr

Marr

Dont think shes a android - but I bet, if the synopsis that came out a while ago is accurate, she's the one that steals from the Space Jockeys.

Pn2501

Pn2501

some sort of Pinocchio allegory ala ai.

Lt. Mike Harrigan

Quote from: zuzuki on Jul 22, 2011, 07:25:34 AM
http://www.bleedingcool.com/2011/07/21/live-from-the-prometheus-panel-footage-described/
QuoteMichael Fassbender's character does look like the Android characters from the previous alien films but in one shot, we see him cryin another, he appears to prick his finger and draw blood.

would be nice if the space jockeys experimented on him and made him human.just a thought

That's certainly an interesting concept.

Bat Chain Puller

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: Lt. Mike Harrigan on Jul 22, 2011, 12:34:03 PM
Quote from: zuzuki on Jul 22, 2011, 07:25:34 AM

That's certainly an interesting concept.

I like it so much I will be disappoint if it doesn't come to pass!

Fits perfectly with the notion that the space jockeys were responsible for the creation of life as we know it.

And on the subject of getting some cam footage of those clips ...

It shows what kind of people live with us in this world ... that bloody the Twilight bed breaking sex clip is all over the place via cams ... but nothing ... nothing to do with the clip from Prometheus.

ThisBethesdaSea

'making him human' it seems more magical then science fiction. I suppose it depends how it's done.

Lonely Universe

Yeaaaah... I don't want any magical stuff in this. There are alot of reasons why he could bleed red.

zuzuki

zuzuki

all the reviews say the same thing.he bleeds,like real blood,and one described the crying done with a actual crystal clear tear.

now if the space jockeys are descrbed as engineers,as creating the xenomorphs,masters of bio-tehnology they could certainly make him human.plus ridley is saying he wants the whole android,robot thing to be fresh this time because this idea became kinda lame after all the ci-fi made in the last decades.so an alien race making a android into a human could certainly be fresh,and cutting edge.just like ridley would want it.would be a game changer.

i'm wondering also will any of the crew escape in one piece?or will they all die?someone will probably have to escape to give the information to the company .doing so they could programe ASH to obtain the alien on zeta reticuli

Bat Chain Puller

Quote from: 8bitAngel on Jul 22, 2011, 01:06:44 PM
Yeaaaah... I don't want any magical stuff in this. There are alot of reasons why he could bleed red.

Flashlights would seem like magic to someone in the middle ages ... so the jockeys tech should invoke a sense of awe with some degree of traceability in the logic. 

If they did create the human race they would be impressed at the human's version of 'artificial life' and it would be a great show to have them 'perfect' a synthetic. Opens up all sorts of acting and emoting possibilities for Michael Fassbender too. A good roll suddenly becomes ripe and juicy ... not to mention challenging.

zuzuki

zuzuki

@Bat Chain Puller  agreed.it's a great mindf**k and a great acting monent for the movie.i don't think it has ever been done before.and in combination with the other thngs going on in the movie,this could become one of the best movies in sci-fi in the last 10 years

Lonely Universe

I guess when you put it that way... or he could just have an emo routine programmed into him? :p

Bat Chain Puller

Ridley and Noomi speak via Iceland.

I didn't see this posted anywhere yet. Unless I'm blind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LeIce4lc8s#ws

JaaayDee

JaaayDee

Some interesting things Lindelof said:

Quote5. Prometheus is set somewhere far away from Earth.
"It doesn't take place on Earth in any real significant way," Lindelof revealed. "The way we're exploring the future is away from Earth and [asking] what are people like now? What have they gone through and what are they thinking of?"

So the excavation site is on another planet?  That's what I was hoping for.

Quote8. There probably won't be any flying cars or any other Jetsons-esque futuristic technology.
Lindelof explained that the film explores "the idea that we're going to basically all be the same a hundred years from now but we may be driven by different ideas. You will probably see some things that sort of prognosticate what the future is going to look like that you haven't seen before but the movie isn't as interested in the gadgetry and flying cars of it all as what the people are going to do and...what's driving them and motivating them as humans in the first place."

So we will get the visual aesthetic of Alien with just a hint of new concepts.  This is f**king great.

http://www.movieline.com/2011/07/naked-push-ups-time-warps-and-7-other-revelations-about-ridley-scotts-prometheus.php

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Bat Chain Puller on Jul 22, 2011, 03:22:28 PM
Ridley and Noomi speak via Iceland.

I didn't see this posted anywhere yet. Unless I'm blind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5LeIce4lc8s#ws

That video clarifies a lot and hopefully helps people rest easy about the rating, for now.

Did anyone catch Lindelof say 'it plays like a mashup of BLADE RUNNER and ALIEN" - in the red carpet interview?

Imf**kin speechless. This movie looks just gets better and better with every piece of info I hear about it.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed