A behind-the-scenes look at Alien: Isolation's "Improvise" Trailer

Started by ikarop, Aug 15, 2014, 03:13:37 PM

Author
A behind-the-scenes look at Alien: Isolation's "Improvise" Trailer (Read 6,001 times)

ikarop

Concept designer and illustrator, Maciej Kuciara, has recently posted a collection of concept art from his work for Creative Assembly’s recent “Improvise” CGI trailer for Alien: Isolation, including unused key frames from the cinematic. You can check all the images at the artist’s website here or below.

alien_top Farzad Vrahramyan Shares New Alien 5 Concept Art!

Corridor (From the Improvise CGI Trailer)
Chains (From the Improvise CGI Trailer)
Ripley & Amanda (From the Improvise CGI Trailer)
Lighting (From the Improvise CGI Trailer)
Running (From the Improvise CGI Trailer)
Crawling Through Vent (From the Improvise CGI Trailer)
Amanda (From the Improvise CGI Trailer)
Escaping Through Corridor (From the Improvise CGI Trailer)
Engineering (From the Improvise CGI Trailer)
Engineering (From the Improvise CGI Trailer)

Dill-On

Concept designer from my country! Cheers!

saintssinphony

I don't know if the art department would be willing but if they made another alien movie they should hire the Isolation guys to design sets and props.  A:CM did try and copy Hadley's Hope but it was like a generic map any shooter has.  This stuff for Isolation is just amazingly detailed and so well designed. It just feels right.   

Hudson

Coolest concept art I've seen since surfing through the Alien designs in DVD special features.

SM

zomg she nekkid lol

Ahem...

Some really nice stuff - but to be fair, some of it could've been traced from Alien stills.

Elmazalman

Good attention to details,they included the dolly-tracks.

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: SM on Aug 17, 2014, 11:38:40 PM
zomg she nekkid lol

Ahem...

Some really nice stuff - but to be fair, some of it could've been traced from Alien stills.

The airducts part had thing one particular shot that looked exactly like one of the shots of Dallas in the airduct.  I like how they also included a hint of the low rumbling instrument-I-cannot-name that played during the scene Dallas hunts for the Alien.

Hudson

Quote from: SM on Aug 17, 2014, 11:38:40 PM
zomg she nekkid lol

Ahem...

I'll take traced stills over inferior "original" designs.

SM

I think I probably would too.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed